Rome: 3rd round photos

Some photos from today’s entertaining match.

Can I just say how much I love the “Rafa in Motion” shot? First, a panning is difficult to do. Second, look how steady Rafa’s head is. Amazing.

Photos by ANDREAS SOLARO/AFP/Getty Images and Julian Finney/Getty Images

1. Sofia says:

Ummmmm. I’m not going to say anything about number 14 either.

2. natch says:

*starts at top*

He looks just like the FTC man in #2.

#11. Julien, Andreas…you’re letting us down. Pffft. He looks better in a shirt.

#13 should be renamed. There should be an “s” at the end because that’s where my eyes went.

#15. Ahh…legs. That’s more like it, guys.

• Karen says:

Hi natch, what does FTC man mean? Sorry I must be thick! Loving the awesome power of Rafa’s left arm in pic# 16. Gorgeous or what? In fact his whole bod is awesome come to think of it!
      Thanks so much Miri for all your work on this site. I find Rafa’s matches so absorbing I miss alot of the things you pick up on & post here for us all to enjoy later at our leisure! “So all I can say is thanks very much” VAMOS.

3. Stf says:

Pic 14? Plain weird.

4. tiemyshoe says:

Is the stuffed lion shoved into the bench in #14 Rafa’s, or some tournament thing? If it’s a tournie thing, that’s random. If it’s something Rafa brings with him, omigod Rafa – we knew this already, but you are 12. XD

5. Fay says:

Experts have commentated before how well Rafa holds his head, he balances himself so well, he isn’t the best defended ever to play the game tagged for nothing,(as quoted by Novak recently), strange sweaty pics of Rafa tonight alround.

6. Nada H T says:

AAAH no words can express my feelings

Again my telecast cut away for the shirt change :(
    Bet Rafa has a jumbotron at home to watch his football, or replays of himself, or MVs of himself ;)

Thanks for pointing out the “Rafa in Motion” pic. I like it bec it showed movement but never noticed the steady head.

8. Nana says:

I say hi to my computer screen whenever there’s a “say hi to Rafa” pic. Idiot ;P

Rafa is as fierce as a lion on court, but that toy doesn’t convey fierceness at all…

Love all the lovely Rafa postures and expressions that the camera captures. But since it was at night I found the lighting a bit harsh. So like Rafa, I prefer the day!

Thanks again Miri for posting these and writing those captions =D

9. An says:

All pics are art because off the subject in it;)

But the in motion is fantastic, i agree with Miri, to make this kind off pics good, is so hard to do…

10. dutchgirl says:

The in motion pic is my absolute favourite!

11. allys says:

hey.. i like the 9th pic.. did u pan the shot and set it at shutter piority?

I wish I had taken the photos, but those are by the pros. That one is particular is by Julian Finney whose work I love.