Rome: Watching Nole

Rafa watching the Djokovic/Chardy match. (Very choppy since they just showed brief glimpses…and the late for work thing.)

1. Nana says:

What’s he doing with his fingers? Why’s he sitting behind what looks like an unfinished booth? Why’s that camera angle so creepy?

Funny how a 21 sec video raises that many questions!

But always lovely to see you, Rafa!

• ang says:

He’s looks to be sanding callouses because the catcher on the the Yankees said that he did that to get a better feel on the bat. But if that is true it ruins my fantasy about smooth Rafa hands

• Nana says:

Ewww…. that could hurt!

I imagine Rafa to have manly hands, ie. not so smooth =P

I could write an essay about Rafa’s beautiful hands!
          They look really soft on the…erm…inside, but probably with a few rough bits that would add a bit of friction. Ahhh…too much for my poor brain to think about…

*faints*

*comes to*

BTW, I prefer this Rafa to dressed up Rafa at ribbon cutting ceremony.

• Nana says:

“I could write an essay about Rafa’s beautiful hands!”

I knew you could, CC, I knew you could. To be honest, i can too. Imagine the feel of his slightly rough big hand wrapping mine =P

Off to bed with this wonderful thought!

• Izzy says:

If he trained prior to this match he could be taking of reminiscence of that sticky tape he puts on his fingers.
        That’s what it looks like to me…:)

He appeared to be sitting right next to the court at the little table where the stat people are – I saw a laptop or two there. He wasn’t in the stands.

• tiemyshoe says:

I admire his efforts to studiously ignore the creepy camera, and get on with sanding his callouses. Only Rafa would do this in public, btw. xD

• Atch2 says:

But I think that the creepy camera was annoying the guy next to him.

Can this Rafole bromance be is sweeter? I’ve given up on seeing Rafa/Pico together as Pico just lost again.

• kyukee says:

i think Rafa wasn’t expecting the attention considering that he’s “hiding” in the huddle (sort of), notice how he stopped what he’s doing (whatever that is) once the camera was on to him

but it’s good to see him relaxed and watching the other matches, other players most especially the tops one’s rarely do that

don’t you just love him more for showing his support to his friends.

• Atch2 says:

I’m guessing that Rafa’s taking off Maymo’s bandages from his fingers. Maybe he came from a practice.

• robert says:

Exactly. A blogger from Rome reported Rafa just popped in from one of the practice courts, all sweaty and with still bandaged fingers and sneaked beside the photographers to watch a few points.

He just yanked off those sticky bandages and rubbed off some residual glue from his fingers.

2. Fay says:

Oh I doubt that he has smooth hands ang! the way HE spanks the ball I mean, besides he is all man, a few callouses just makes him more masculine no, but I wouldn’t want his face getting all dried up like that, no Rafa baby face is nice the way it is barring a few wrinkles, more sun screen Rafa! He is look gooooooooorgeously fidgety Rafa here filing his fingers! he hee!

• ang says:

I couldn’t do without that baby face either I don’t know how to explain it maybe a got this illusion because of how nicely he moves his hands. I when his pinky goes up on the ball toss. Rafa/Nole bromance it adorable.

3. Ch F says:

It’s a good thing he’s watching Nole. Know your enemy strategy ;-)

4. Eliana says:

He’s taking off the bandages and filing some of the glue. You can see the bandages on the “table” in front of him. And maybe he came from playing with the kids since he’s wearing the same shirt and curly, awesome hair.

I do love that on all the tourneys he takes time to watch some of the guys play, either to wath the competition or to be there for his tennis buddies.

5. Silhouette says:

I was just switching the channel to catch Novak when Rafa appeared on TV. That was such a nice surprise for me =) Its nice to see Rafa attending some games….Oh, and I think Rafa doesn’t have smooth hands, but very manly ones. A man’s hands gotta have some calluses, for me at least!