Rome: Kids’ Village [Updated]

Per this article (Google translation), Rafa took some time out to play and visit with some kiddos in the Kids’ Village. I’m hoping someone can help the Google translation along a bit, because I don’t think Rafa’s best shot has anything to do with the law.

Not even a square centimeter is free around the playground of the Kids Village. Tutti pazzi per Rafa Nadal, è il caso di dire. Something for Rafa Nadal is the case say. The four-time champion of the Forum signed autographs and answered questions from fans, young and old, curious about everything in their sample preferred. Max Giusti “interviewer” exceptional. “As a child I was big fan of Mallorcan Carlos Moya, who is like me” – says Rafa. “My best shot is undoubtedly the law. The play-station game only when I’m around for tournaments when I am at home I prefer to do” he added. :Every game is difficult, not only those against the champions. I really like playing, I really enjoy. opponents that give me more trouble? are many, too many I would say! The best match in Rome was the 2005 final against Coria: I was in camp for five hours and fourteen minutes” … (that memory!) “I hope to play until at least thirty years.” Then it’s time for Nadal to dribble with children, flushed with emotion, accompanied by live commentary by Max Giusti in Spanish. When Rafa goes, after the traditional souvenir photos, there are many a bit ‘sad for not being able to play with their idol. Will be for next time.

And a couple of photos:

Photos from the Italian Federation of Tennis and Julian Finney/Getty Images.
(Found via rafah0lics.)

Wonder if the Italian kids liked dribbling with Rafa.

• robert says:

It’s Google Translation at it again, of course.

Paleggiare means to hit the ball in a relaxed, unofficial manner as in practice. Yes, if it’s soccer, it means to dribble. If it’s tennis – it means to hit.

2. tennisfun says:

happy kids

3. meretricula says:

I’m not really fluent in Italian, but Rafa’s comments aren’t too complicated.

“Da ragazzino ero grande tifoso di Carlos Moya che è di Maiorca come me – dice Rafa -. Il mio colpo migliore è senza dubbio il diritto. Alla play-station gioco solo quando sono in giro per tornei: quando sono a casa mia preferisco fare altro – aggiunge -. Ogni partita è difficile: non solo quelle contro i grandi campioni. A me piace tanto giocare, mi diverto molto. Gli avversari che mi danno più fastidio? Sono parecchi, troppi direi! La partita più bella a Roma è stata la finale del 2005 contro Coria: sono stato in campo per cinque ore e quattordici minuti… (che memoria!) Spero di giocare almeno fino a trent’anni”

“Since I was a little boy I was a big fan of Carlos Moya, who’s from Mallorca like me. My best shot is without a doubt down the line. (I don’t know if there’s a technical term for that in Italian; the word they used just means “in a straight line.”) I only play playstation when I’m at tournaments: when I’m at home I prefer to do other things. Every match is difficult: not only those against great champions. I like to play a lot, I really enjoy myself. The opponents that bother me the most? There’s a number of them, too many I would say! My most beautiful match in Rome was the final in 2005 against Coria: I was on the court for 5 hours and 14 minutes… (What a memory!) I hope to play at least until I’m 30.”

I think these are answers to various questions that aren’t provided; they don’t make sense as a continuous paragraph.

Thanks so much, meretricula! Glad to know Rafa’s not going to a career in the law after tennis. :)

• tiemyshoe says:

Thank you!

MY SHOT IS THE LAW needs to be on a t-shirt, *winkwink* miri.

Thanks for the translation! It makes me kinda happy to see that he doesn’t like to play playstation other than at tourneys, because I can’t think of a more mind numbing thing to do…

So, tell me Rafa… What DO you like to do at home? ;)

• Eliana says:

But CC, he’s always at tourmanents! So that means that he plays Playstation all the time ;)

• Rafangel says:

lol love the name btw. Thanks for the translation.

• Laura says:

I’m going to look at this article and see if I can translate some more after work. I can volunteer to be NadalNews’ official Italian translator too (I’m mothertongue).

In the meantime, just o let you all know that ‘diritto’ (which literally means ‘straight’) is the forehand.

4. JC says:

Yay, at least six more years of Rafa-tennis… nice to hear him being so confident about his tennis and his body. As long as he’s being clever with his schedule, there is really no reason why he shouldn’t continue to delight us with the whole “Rafa package” (no pun intended)… well, actually…

5. tiemyshoe says:

It’s funny how, among kids, Rafa just looks like a scaled-up version of them. Maybe it’s the shorts. ;)

Hah! I know. He’s so childlike himself (not childish, that’s something else entirely).

Yup, I always think the same. And his smile suddenly looks so happy and childlike when amongst kids.

So. Adorable.

• tiemyshoe says:

Yep, definitely the grin. And the mussy hair. And oft-untied shoelaces. :D

• ang says:

I find the shoe laces adorable… I was watching the AO Hit for Haiti again and he played a few points with his laces untied and then tied them eventually

6. miri says:

Added 3 more photos

Oh, the last pic is pretty. The curls are adorable.

*swoons*

8. bardant says:

Yum Rafa with curly and longer hair

9. An says:

Pic 5…… *sigh*
    I could stare at it all night long;)

• Karen says:

Best news I’ve had today, Rafa hoping to play for at least another 6 years. Try to ignore noises and comments from kids!

10. Fay says:

Oh its so nice to here Rafa thinking positively and yay, 6 more years of Rafa would be incredible and great for tennis! loving the last pic, his curls are soft in a boyish kind of way, something Rafa can get away with… I love the way he is with kids its so endearing…

11. sia says:

I just had this image of Rafa being all stern and ‘laying down the law” and got completely turned on. Sweet curly locks and all.

12. Nana says:

I hope he keeps those blue sneakers all summer cos’ I bought a pair in the exact same colour, not Nike though.

Would be lying if I said I didn’t have Rafa in my mind when I bought those ;P

And yet, wouldn’t try wearing them unlaced, for fear of tripping over LOL

13. TeamNadal says:

LOVE all these pics….FREAKIN’ ADORABLE!!!