Rafole take in a footie game

Rafa and Nole went to see the AS Roma vs UC Sampdoria in Rome’s Olympic stadium today. Since it looks like they are sitting in the Roma section, Rafa’s ability to jinx football teams remains strong – Roma lost 1-2. (Oh, and Nole – way to spot the photographer!)

Photos by EPA/ETTORE FERRARI

1. alhm says:

“Oh, and Nole – way to spot the photographer!”

adsfgdf HAS NOTHING ON VIKTOR:

• tiemyshoe says:

0_0

And with that, I became a Troicki fan.

Heh, that’s funny. Wonder if he was sat on the floor all the time?

And Rafa looks HOT. That Cerruti shirt actually fits! I love the half rolled up sleeves. MmmhmmHMMM.

• An says:

I was gonna say……. finally a fitting shirt Rafa, see how good you look in it, now start listening to CC an me from now on, Ok?

Rafole look like they’re really enjoying themselves, taking photos, laughing and tugging on the scarf.

UC Sampdoria must be luving you Rafa. Did you attend the last El Clasico when Barca beat your Real Madrid? ;)

• Eliana says:

Maybe Spain will make a formal petition banning Rafa from their WC matches? :P

• alhm says:

“Did you attend the last El Clasico when Barca beat your Real Madrid? ;)”

No. He was in MC.

“And yeah, if you want Spain to win in the World Cup, don’t attend any of their matches.”

We should hope not, since it’s taking place during Wimbledon.

• An says:

Oh: then he is safe and Spain is safe;)

• Atch2 says:

Thanks alhm

OK you’re off the hook for that match Rafa. So Real Madrid really didn’t play well.

And could there be a worst distraction for Rafa at Wimby. But then again Rafa won Wimby when Spain won The European Cup in 2008. I’d luv to attend one their match-watching parties at Rafa’s place.

3. Nana says:

I don’t follow Serie A closely but really want Roma to win the league! They were top by a mere point before the game and now…. how could you, Rafa?!

Rafa multitasking with scarf swinging, texting, phototaking and answering phone call made my day. I should follow suit, it’s Monday.

0_0 Troicki is hilarious.

4. Fay says:

Yeah troicki cracks me up and Nole striking de pose! always loves the attention, and Rafa trying to hold everything at once… all wide eyed and bushy tailed at the same time!!!

5. Susanna728 says:

Just want to say how glad I am that Rafa and Nole became buddies a while back, after an iffy start. I think the turnaround point came when Rafa reached across the podium at the Olympics to congratulate Nole. They’re both good guys.

6. nic says:

Aaww don’t they look cute together!! And Rafa’s face is all alight in these pics. He’s looking like such a happy camper. Love that smile. Are they both using the same phone? Is that a blackberry Rafa’s using? Thought he uses Nokia usually.

7. arwen says:

going to a football match with Nole doesn’t mean that he won’t
    beat him in the final of ROME.vamos rafaaaa..

8. Eliana says:

Heh, I think the man next to Rafa was making him crazy with the scarf, always in the middle! I really hope there’s a pic on the web were the man inadvertently hits Rafa with the scarf in the face. For me that would be hilarious XD

Rafa obvioulsy looks mega sexy and hot in those photos and I freaking love that he has a bud in Nole, whom I really like Good times boys, good times…

• Atch2 says:

What is that scarf waving/tugging about?

• robert says:

People in this section are holding shawls with Roma colours & name. It’s traditional for football fans to wear these around their necks and then all wave them in unison while singing fan chants.

Rafa, Nole and Viktor obviously went to the match together with the Rome Masters TD (that chunky dark guy on the right) who is a Roma supporter and he brought his shawl, so Rafa grabbed one end of it and helped him cheer.

Much did it help, though!

9. aRafaelite says:

Ah, I hope we get to see some Rafole love on court again soon! I love how these two get on together!

10. Laura says:

As an Inter supporter, can I just say – Rafa I love you even more now!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for jinxing Roma.

That was massive help on our way to win the Campionato. :-)

11. GB says:

Rafole win at life! They’re soooo cute together.

When Nole was profiled on CNN he said, outside of the other Serbs (like Rafa with the Spaniards), Rafa, Davy and Baggy were his closest friends on tour, and he and Rafa often have dinner.

• Nic says:

Which CNN interview was that? Was it the new show Open Court? I saw that but didn’t see him say anything about Rafa :(

12. Nana says:

Rafa is watching his buddy Nole today!