MC: 2nd round photos

Some photos from today’s match.

Photos by Julian Finney/Getty Images and REUTERS/Regis Duvignau

More photos can be found here.

1. Sapphireswell says:

I missed this match entirely, as it played out on my commute to work…

From these pictures, all I have to say is, “Thank goodness he is back on clay!” :D

I really need to head to Europe for some of this amazingness.. *Sigh* Any takers for Monte Carlo 2011? It’s beautiful! Or Barca… ;)

• kefuoe says:

Well…last week I affirmed (to myself) my goal of going to Barcelona in spring of 2011.

Can you imagine how mobbed Rafa is in Spain? Oh my.

But I wanna go too. Let’s go take over the place.

• kefuoe says:

I was definitely inspired by your beautiful photos from your Davis Cup final trip. I’m not sure where I’ll be living by then, but I’m going to try to make it work.

• SapphrieSwell says:

If I do recall, airline tickets to Spain from NYC (and other major airports in the US) are particularly cheap for April.

I did a small tour to Madrid, Mallorca, and Barca last April, but left the day that Rafa arrived… (Sadly, I had my hopes up for bumping into him, but he arrived late at night.)

In short, let’s do it!

• teejustice says:

Oh wow! I was just talking about going back to Europe. And I’ve always wanted to go to Spain. Add tennis and how can you go wrong?

• Nana says:

I’ve never seen Rafa play live and to see him play on clay would be surreal! And I would try to make a trip if I can go to watch it with other Rafa fans! It’s hard to convince friends who are not into tennis to do something like this.

2. kamil says:

Is anybody know, where can I get High-Resolution photos of Rafael Nadal? I am going to do a poster for my wall with him :)

Gosh, I adore his crinkly hands. Love that last photo…mmm…

4. Kathy says:

Nana, that is my dream, too. I have not yet seen him play live and to see it on clay, in Spain, would be awesome. And so great to do it with other tennis (and Rafa) fans. No one I know would do it or is that interested in tennis. It would be great if we could make it happen. We should see how many want to go. :-)

5. marisa says:

i can’t imagine how mobbed he must feel in Europe, let alone Spain. that’s why i’m starting slow, sort of, in New York.

The colours are beautiful, especially against the red clay.

Luv Sliiiide and Towel. He looks so graceful and dynamic when he slides.