Nando talks about Rafa’s tooth

According to this article, Fernando Verdaso is saying that Rafa was on antibiotics for his wisdom tooth in Miami. That doesn’t sound like the kind of wisdom tooth problem that’s just going to go away.

“For sure in Miami he was not fit, he was on antibiotics for his wisdom tooth and he was not right the whole week,” Verdasco said.

1. Lynsey says:

I feel Rafa’s pain–my wisdom teeth are growing in right now and it HURTS.

2. Nana says:

He went to SF with a seething toothache. That’s already superhuman to me ;P

3. tiemyshoe says:

Interesting – he must have been on some heavy antibiotics.

Anyone know the context for this quote? I’m guessing they asked Verdasco whether he thought Nadal was still a force to be reckoned with given his recent results or something to that effect…

Awww…poor little sausage. Wonder if Roig had to crush the pills for Rafa and mix them with Nutella? ;)

I had to take antibiotics for problems with my wisdom teeth, but I had an infection in the gum because they took ages to grow out, so once that was cleared and they grew out properly I was fine. Mind you, Rafa did say he has to have them out, so I’m guessing that it won’t just go away. OUCH!

5. Nana says:

So no wonder rafa was shying from people and having alone time ar SEO. He was on antibiotics and was feeling unwell. Poor boy.

I really hope his physical woes will go away, please!

6. EJL says:

well, my wisdom-teeth are also growing right now without giving any trouble to me, and i was taking it for granted until i found out about Rafa’s bitter experiences. now i’m so thankful to god but Rafa i.m really sorry for u and hate the obstacles in the way of ur success so much.. well, guy send ur sore tooth via bluetooth :)

7. Marilyn Wasserman says:

Rafa said on Facebook before Miami that it was an infection. Some antibiotics can weaken you, yes. And the infection could certainly recur. I hope he’s following his dentist’s advice. Obviously Rafa can tolerate a high level of pain.