MC: Pre-tournament interview

Rafa’s pre-tournament interview is up on tennistv.com. His hair seems to be feeling very expressive these days. (Thanks, CC)

And now it’s on YouTube as well:

Posted by ATPWorldTour.

1. kefuoe says:

I’m starting to think that Roig, with his 70’s cop show style choices, is having an influence on Rafa’s hair. As a child of the 70’s, I have no problem with that.

Yup, I totally love the combination of dorky, home cut 70’s style and total shag hair, being out in the windy.
      Also love the fact that Rafa tries to tame the hair, and tuck it behind his ears, which doesn’t work anymore.

• tiemyshoe says:

That’s hilarious. Or maybe Rafa’s recently discovered the music of Leif Garrett.

• yoni says:

I miss the long hair. Maybe he is growing it out and is in that awkward stage? I like this much better than the short hair.

2. Rafafan says:

Looks like he has just washed his hair and forgotten to put the conditioner on and the hairspray!

Isn’t he just sooooooo adorable. As rafa says lets c whats gonna happen. Wish he could be a wee bit positive and say not only got chances to win but am gonna be fantastic!

Make sure you are in the semis on Sat to start with as I have arranged my son (almost a teenager) with his friends for a bowlling birthday party – and not to clash with the match! (so hope 5pm British time OK). Also with 5 for a sleepover, threatened another party with Rafa at 1pm Sunday – and all 6 of them have to watch it!

• faeaki7 says:

“Wish he could be a wee bit positive and say not only got chances to win but am gonna be fantastic!”

Have we ever known Rafael Nadal to talk this way ever? he NEVER over plays his chances and Never boasts how great he is, he is just humble Rafa and why we love him, well why I love him anyway! even when he does win, he may say he was happy with his play or pre-match, “I am gonna have to play my best tennis tommorow etc but rarely says how great he is or how he feels he is going to win a tournament, and nowadays post injury, he is feeling less confident so I expect it even less now…..

• GB says:

I agree! It actually worries me more on the rare occasions when he’s more emphatic (i.e. saying in IW that he was ready to be something big in Miami). It always feels to me that he’s trying to convince himself as much as anybody. Rafa with the humble – being uber circumspect about his chances/aware of the dangers of EVERY opponent-makes me happy.

3. sia says:

Ahhh … he loves this clay swing. The umbilical cord to Mallorca is not too stretched and he can slide and glide around the court. Makes me Happy. :)

What more does he have to prove? He’s won Monte Carlo 5 times in a row already? It’s the tennis reporters and experts that try to set these expectations and count the records.

Let Rafa enjoy his tennis. He puts enough pressure on himself without the constant reminders about pushing for the 6th title or the title drought.

Luv the hair. Wish I could use my fingers to comb it for him.

5. nic says:

I love everything about this video. Rafa’s windswept hair, his relaxed demeanour, those cutesy dimples, the backdrop, and the intimacy of the camera on Rafa. Doesn’t he just look absolutely cuddly?? Be with colm Rafa, just enjoy the clay, I know I’ll enjoy watching you on clay, whatever the outcome. I love this season too.