Champions for Chile

Sadly, it looks like the Champions for Chile fundraiser that’s taking place this afternoon/evening in Miami will not be broadcast. You can still help support, however, by going to hogardecristo.cl and making a donation. All proceeds will benefit the Hogar de Cristo’s Chilean Earthquake Relief. Thanks to olerafa for tweeting the donation link.

1. olerafa says:

You’re welcome :P … It’s so disappointing we can’t even watch this online! What a wasted opportunity! But I still want to help!

2. SallyO says:

This is SO bogus!

What’s wrong, Chile isn’t mainstream enough?!

So messed up!

3. RAFAHolic1 says:

CHILI? (Chile) :-)

It took this damn long for someone to point this out to me? You are all fired! I mean, I see SallyO tried to hint at it, but I don’t often take hints well.

Sooo embarrassing. (Oddly enough, I had it correct in the post tag…so that makes it even worse.)

Since nobody else had said anything, I thought it was perhaps an American way of spelling Chile. ;)

Seriously? I thought it was quite funny…

• tiemyshoe says:

LOL! It actually didn’t quite register in my brain as a misspelling, except I thought it odd I suddenly had a craving for Tex Mex… :P

Congrats to Roddick for winning this exho, then winning the whole shebang the next day. What a dude!

• jba says:

actually, miri, i thought you were doing a play of words like you always do with your titles. like chili, hot, scorched up the court with tennis thing. :)

4. Alix says:

I thought it was meant to some kind of wordplay. Roddick, Gonzales, Kuerten and Courier are hot guys – hot like chili.

Whereas Rafa is hot like steaming superheated lava, coming all over you…

5. natch says:

Hooray!
    I’m glad they raised some money. Great for all the guys and gals who participated, too. Thanks for posting the link, Miri & ole.