Miami: Semifinal photos

Some photos from today’s match.

Photos by REUTERS/Andrew Innerarity, Al Bello/Getty Images, Clive Brunskill/Getty Images, and Matthew Stockman/Getty Images

1. GB says:

They make me sad as hell, but there’s something sooo soulful and beautiful about troubled Rafa pics. I flove smiley Rafa pics so much (and obvs wish he didn’t have a reason not to smile!) but in the towel pic and the Vamos? it’s so clear there’s a ‘there’ to Rafa, a real substance – he’s so raw and bare, and sad and wanting desperately to be brave all at once.

Steve Tignor’s so right – Rafa matches are amazing cause he’s too expressive to be able to hide what he’s going through. But, smiley Rafa better get to make an appearance to the end of a tourney some day very soon!

2. patzin says:

‘You can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two just the same’ – Know of course Rafa was disappointed. Yet all is well in the big scheme of things. He gets to head home and take care of things needing to be taken care of. Then on to clay. Rafa has a good head on his shoulders and the future is rosy I think.

*sighs*

Looking at these, my desire to take Rafa home, mother him and then f-ck him has never been stronger. Oh, Rafa… <3

*sighs again*

I'm such a perv. ;)

• An says:

Dunno if you are but if so…. i’m having the exact same feelings;) Couldn’t it be just what he needs?
      CC, i’m sure we could make him feel verry confident about himself, No?

Mmm… I want to take him home, run him a bath, wash his hair, wrap him in towel, feed him cookies and then…do the dirtiest things with him on the kitchen floor. I’m only guessing here, but maybe that’s what most of us want to do! ;)

• An says:

Uh yes… Well don’t get me started, i do have millions of ideas on how to make him just feel like the most special man on earth!;)

• natch says:

You take care of those things, CC. I’ll take him straight from photo #2 and…uhm…come up with another activity right there on the court. ;)
          (Btw, Miri, that photo (#2) is so beautiful I thought you took it!)

Then I’ll take care of him in that photo by your name. It’s a perfect position for certain…*actions*, no? ;)

Yeah, but I’ve changed that photo now, no? To one that shows how happy Rafa is when we’re done with him. ;)

• SallyO says:

“feed him cookies and then…do the dirtiest things with him on the kitchen floor. I’m only guessing here, but maybe that’s what most of us want to do! ;)”

LOL CC! I am all for giving him a bath and feeding him cookies. But…the kitchen floor?! Heck no! My kitchen floor is freezing!

I prefer warm, soft, and cozy spots because when we’re done, I don’t want to move. I want to lay awake and snuggle until the sunrise, then I want to fall asleep on his heaving, magnificent chest and feel like nothing in the world can touch me. Then, in the morning….

*THUD*

4. faeaki7 says:

Oh these pics are so intense, pic 11 shows it the most, the beautiful intensity shines through those deep eyes! and 13 is the perfect back view of this perfect body! I was so sad watching this match, especially when Roddick found a groove on that inside out f/h and Rafa didn’t seem to be able to fight or defend well, which has always been his weapon! These pictures capture not just his emotions and intensity but ours too watching him, has there ever been a more dynamic,intense, or beautiful tennis player! I adore this man!

5. Necitas says:

Pic #4 said it all, but still Rafa looked so good! ‘Miss you Raf!!! ‘Hope you’re feeling better now… :)

6. VamosRafa! says:

Pic #3 – problem with the left knee? :(

7. SallyO says:

Rafa has beautiful eyes. They are so honest and so expressive.

His eyes in the 4th picture breaks my heart.

His pictures are just so dynamic! The changes he goes through is remarkable.