Miami: 3rd round potpourri

I got soaked to the bone this morning and am back at my hotel trying to decide if I want to attempt the evening session or just chill out and relax. In the mean time, here’s some vids for you:

Oodles of pictures can be found here.

And lastly, here’s a transcript of the English presser.

1. tiemyshoe says:

You’re gonna miss Gonzo and his FH vs. Pico and his Perky Nips ’cause of previously experienced rain? What are you, from Texas? :P

I know, I’m such a wimp. I have no clean, dry clothes however (had done “hotel laundry” last night for something to wear tomorrow, but those aren’t dry yet – and yes, I’ve used the hair dryer to try and help them along). I’m not entirely sure my tennis shoes are ever going to be dry.

• tiemyshoe says:

Ugh, I hate wet shoes!

About the pre-Spanish presser thing, apparently Rafa lost his player credential and dispatched someone to go replace it, and a reporter said something like, “Rafa, they would recognize you,” and Rafa was like, “In America, no.”

2. miri says:

Added this:
    On court interview – just tweeted by johanne(TennisLuvah)

3. tennisfun says:

hi miri i hope it doesn’t rain for rafa match.

4. Madi says:

Great match. Rafa camp was so animated and cuteeeeee. Lucky you Miri, you got to see it all. Shoes dry quickly if you keep it behind the fridge, but you’d only get a mini one in the hotel I don’t know whether it will work just the same.

5. Isabelle says:

On the “Oodles of pictures can be found here”:

Amazing photographic capture of the tennis ball in #9, another one of Rafa’s balls?

In #33 he looks positively possessed by a demon.

Thanks for all the links, never get too much Rafa!

6. Nana says:

“Shakey” snippet? Not at all!

Thanks Miri and good luck with the weather tomorrow!

That oncourt interview is just precious, especially the snorty laugh at the end when he says he was a doubles specialist last week. Now he’s speaking English almost as fast as he’s speaking his native tongue. And what’s with the neck stretches during interviews Rafa?

The ATP hotshot, a lesson on how to play (punish) a guy that is recovering from a hip surgery.

An, you’re right, Rafa’s arms are too big for his polo.

Anyone know what Rafa said about the logo on the polo?

Read on another post that Rafa lost his player credentials and answered the reporter that he doesn’t think he’d be recognised in America. LOL.

Heh, I was just about to comment on the logo thing. The guy in the presser I think asks “what’s that little sun thing you have on your shirt” and Rafa says “it’s Nike’s logo”. I love the way Rafa looks like “what the hell’s wrong with you people, don’t you recognise a Nike shirt when you see one?!”.

BTW, looking at a couple of the close up I’m showing my teets pics from Zimbio, it looks like Rafa has something in his mouth. Guessing it’s to do with the tooth trouble, but wondering what it is?

9. faeaki7 says:

Gorgeous pics of Rafa, really looking hot at the moment! his victory flexing of his muscles is to die for! can this man get any hotter? *phew*.
    Thats interesting about his teeth CC I didn’t notice, awh hope he is gonna be okay soon! loved the oncourt interview its priceless Rafa.
    Anyway I did take one thing away from that tie-break, at least Rafa lost it from playing aggressive and not tentively!
    Btw, I was watching the Fed match last night against Serra and Rafa and Tomeu were watching! the camera’s naturally exposed them and there were all types of coooing and whistles, making Rafa produce a huge smile! PapaNadal was also in attendance but was sitting alone… love the attention Rafa gets wherever he goes, “who said that they don’t know you Rafa in America?” honestly!!! Well its another Daveeed next who will want revenge against Rafa(from a competative point of view), and I feel he might play really well today, “he goes for more nerve wrecking viewing”, I do enjoy watching him play more when I know he has won, silly isn’t it? but sometimes it is too hard to bear!!! stay strong Rafa and keep on finding that inner colm’