IW: Round of 16 photos

Here’s a few photos from today’s singles match to take my mind off of the fact that no one is showing the doubles.

Photos by Jeff Gross/Getty Images, GABRIEL BOUYS/AFP/Getty Images, REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque, and REUTERS/Danny Moloshok

1. patzin says:

I think Rafa was quite happy – understatement. Good concentrated job/match. Nice photos too.

2. tiemyshoe says:

Rafa seems vaguely pleased, doesn’t he?

On the last photo, you can really see the full horror of the shorts. Brown inner-thigh panel. Really, Nike? Really?

3. kefuoe says:

That #5 shot is just amazing.

4. mary says:

Now pic 8. That surely is Rafa strutting his stuff. Oggly, oggle. Hehe!!

Yeah, imagine that one with Rafa shortless and pantless. Heh… :D

• natch says:

You mean he’s NOT?! Must be my imagination again. ;)
        You KNOW that pic is my fav!

Srsly, I LOVE those shorts. Not crazy about brown, but as long as they aren’t pink, natch likey. That pattern just makes me happy. :D I think I’m going to try to find a pair that fit me this weekend.
        Nike has always been so smart about keeping sweat at bay and cooling off the body. There are a couple of other companies that do it well, too, but Nike was the front runner.

I still love the shorts, too. Not keen on the brown either, but would love them in pink. Heh. Love the fit and the fact that they have a bit of “hang”. (That might be a Swedish expression.)
          I had similar myself last summer, just slightly more…ladylike. And not Nike. ;)

• natch says:

Ladylike, schmadylike. Men’s or women’s…If I like it, I’ll wear it.

Bit of a hang. Gah!

I have a client, whom I adore, from Argentina. The first time we worked out, he asked, “My shorts. They hang right?” which produced gales of laughter from me. What he meant was did his shorts fit properly for what we were about to do (believe it or not, their clothing has to have a specific fit for me to observe how they use their bodies. I mention this to all my guys before we ever start.) So now when we see each other we greet each other with all kinds of use for the word “hang”. Now I have a new one! (No explanation necessary. It might be Swedish, but this Yankee gets it.)

I’m going to see him in a few weeks. I can’t wait to greet him now. Thank you, CC! :D

• An says:

Hah!

I’m sticking to fan of the shorts club too!;)
              I think will not sell them in a size that would fit me or otherwise i wanted one for myself….
              Totally gonna drag BF behind the pc as soon as he arrives tomorrow, he can pick the color:)

5. Kathy says:

ha ha hahaha Miri I am cracking up over your 8:13pm comment…just want to say your site is the best and I know everyone apppreciates the effort to post EVERYTHING RAFA on this one site. Rafa was so good in the Isner match–high hopes for a repeat title here.

6. Cora F says:

Indeed Thanks Miri for all these postings!

Photo #6 – “I did it… I’m back!”…. Keep it up Rafa!

7. faeaki7 says:

Have put no.2 for my desk top, total focus! great pics, gorgeous sparkling Rafa! xx