New official site

Rafa’s redesigned official site has finally launched. Take a look – some bits are showing as still under construction, though. Thanks for the heads up, jba.

1. nic says:

Hhmmm just had a look at it, still loading most of the page. Dunno. I really liked the look and feel of the old one. Thought that was classy, simple, not too busy. Sure, there was some info that was hard to find and all, but felt more personal, to me at least. This one… am still sussing it out. I can see it’s somewhat modeled after the ATP site. Not sure I like that.

• Emma R says:

For sure it’s like the ATP one. I am not over enamoured on the “flashing headlines” bit at the start, and it took me ages for some reason to work out how to get them to stop.

From the brief fiddle I have had, it seems a bit easier to navigate than the other one, which was nonsensical for some of the links. Not crazy about the Rafa in peace sign mode hoving over the whole thing, and am surprised at the choice of photo. Just think it’s been done before.

Alot of easily accesible info though, so sure will get used to it.

“Not crazy about the Rafa in peace sign mode…”

Oh, I love the Rafa hand that greets me. Makes me want to bite those fingers… ;)

$120 for Rafa’s shoes. Pffft…

2. emir says:

not sure that i liked it..but it didnt finish just yet..

3. sia says:

Very Spiffy!

4. aRafaelite says:

I LOVE IT! It’s a little bit confusing at first (compared to the old one) but really a HUGE improvement – especially the news section – there’s a few recent things posted there already. Can’t wait to find out what my first email update looks like! The Rafa Tracker is a nice feature (although quite as nice as the one on the Gonzalez site), and I wonder how many familiar faces we might end up seeing in the Fan of The Month photo contest?! Good to see some Aussies kicking it off! The Foundation has its own web address now too: http://www.fundacionrafanadal.com/ with a bit more info than before.

So much for me having an early night tonight! Sooo much lovely stuff to explore and discover I might actually have to take http://www.rafaelnadal.com to bed with me (sorry Fer, just this once I promise, but @donkeygrooming is gonna look after you tonight I’m sure ;-)

Off to bed now… :D

5. johanne says:

Love the usage of his bull logo! And the blue/grey/black/white theme is pleasing to my eye. Super pumped there’s gonna be a fanclub too. Vamos Rafa!

6. teejustice says:

Upon first glance I like it. There’s a lot more information from what I can tell already and seems to be easily located. It’s brighter and tons more pictures. It was weird that signing up requires a country to be entered but the only choices are Spain and Australia. Still more to explore. Thanks for the head’s up. That update took forever :)

7. Courtney says:

I absolutely adore the new site. I was definitely NOT a fan of the old one (confusing and ugly, imho) and as a web designer I think this is a huge improvement. It looks modern, works well, is much easier on the eye and on the mind. I’ve already signed up for his Fan Club! Exciting!

I think it’s gorgeous. Good job, team Nadal! :)

8. Necitas says:

I like the wall. The color are more vibrant, more in tune with Rafa’s personality. Navagation was not simplified though. In my experience and in comparison to Miri’s site, the inaccessibity makes it less enjoyable. And if ever some of the team happens to read our blogs, Congratulations, team Nadal! The news portals will be very useful, that’s the best part of the site. To Mr. Benito Perez-Barbadillos, it’s nice seeing you in picture. You’ve been very nice.

9. Nana says:

I tried to log on to Rafael’s site to view the birthday messages and realised that I was no longer registered. I hadn’t logged on for ages so, i registered again. Still they denied me entry to the forum / fan club. It just looks so complicated I gave up. Does anyone have the same problem? Do u have to register separately for the site, fan club and forum?

Yes, the registration for the site/fan club is separate from the registration for the forum. I know that they started the forum all over again in March and then lost a few days worth of registrations some time after that.

• Nana says:

Thanks Miri. I thought this might be the case so I tried to register everything I ran into. I then got frustrated by the cryptic confirmation code. Will try again!

• Nana says:

And I have to say, Miri, your site is so much better! Simplicity is a beauty and easier said than done!