Rafa confirmed for Queen’s Club

Per my Google alerts, Atch2 and the official site, Rafa’s confirmed for this year’s Queen’s Club tournament in London.

“I always look forward to coming to England to play at The Queen’s Club and Wimbledon but this year there is even more motivation because I could not defend my titles last year,” said Nadal, who joins the US Open champion Juan Martin Del Potro in making early commitments to the field at the AEGON Championships.

“No-one was more disappointed than me that I couldn’t play because I love those tournaments,” added Nadal. “Queen’s is a big, important tournament played at a very nice, traditional club and it was an amazing feeling to win it in 2008 and then to fulfill my dream by winning Wimbledon. To not defend my Wimbledon title last year was one of the toughest decisions in my career, but this is a new year and now I have the chance to go back to England and to compete on the grass again.”

This has made the tournament director most happy.

“Rafa is one of the best and most popular tennis players of all-time and so it is fantastic news for the tournament and British tennis fans that he has chosen to compete at the AEGON Championships again this year. For three years he played his heart out in London only a couple of days after winning the French Open, and he desperately wanted to play last year, too. We look forward to welcoming him back in June.”

1. Kate says:

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! sigh the only time I get homesick heehee!

Can’t wait to read about Rafa finishing off his media obligations as the 2010 FO Champion, then rushing off to catch the Eurostar bound for London and fitting in an afternoon practice session at the Queens Club.

Thanks for coming back to Queens, Rafa. Oh, and thanks for letting ME know earlier that you were planning to play, so that I could enter the ballot to get a ticket! ;)

• An says:

I’m going to pray and keep my fingers crossed evry day that he will be able to keep this promise to you CC!
      That will mean that he is in London for nearly the whole month, No? ;)

*Thinks back, a little sad, about his, not kept, promise to me for a whole week in Rotterdam*

Don’t worry Rafa, i know and understand why….. And i’m sure you will make it up to me one day, No?;)

Awww… Well, it would be so cool to see Rafa play at Queens. However, knowing my usual luck I’ll probably get to see somebody dull. IF I get a ticket at all.
        I guess I have to have a plan B. Maybe find Rafa’s Wimbly house, knock on the door and put on my most innocent smile whilst asking if I can join him for a shower. You think he’d let me? Care to join? ;)

• An says:

If we both turn up with our most innocent smiles… Off course i care to join and off course he wil;)

• Rafafan says:

Hi CC – how do you enter the ballot. Let me know, and I can join you.

It’s my heaviest time at work but I will do anything to see Rafa play. But I somehow need to know early and of course no guarantees that he will be in the final and meant to be working the Sat (semis I guess) but I will do the impossible to be there. I don’t have to get far to be there. Live in Surrey – about 45 min on the train. What about u?

Rafafan, I think it’s too late to enter the ballot for this year, but check on their web page. Last year I think they released last minute tickets as well. So there’s always a second chance.
        Yeah, I live ’bout an hour away.

• junko says:

Well I tried to enter the ballot as well, and was told that it’s too late for 2010, but I signed up for 2011 anyway…

Like CC says, they told me ‘Please see our website from 10am on Wednesday 5th May where we will be selling Ground Admission tickets as well as any returned Centre Court and Court 1 tickets.’

By that time we may know a bit more about if he will be really playing in London. Well, he will, won’t he?

• An says:

I’m convinced he will do whatever possible to be in London this year! And we all know he can even do the impossible with his strong will!

So yes, i’m sure he will!

4. faeaki7 says:

I entered the ballot last year through the site and have signed up for centre court choice of 5 days play, it has to be centre court if I am going to have a chance to see Rafa, gosh that would be a dream to see him play on grass in the open live! I think its 22 March when I get to know if I have been granted tickets or not! please god oh please!!! and most importantly Rafa stay fit.

• junko says:

Awww, lucky you, just to have that chance to see him on grass! Am crossing my fingers that he will stay healthy and shows his *famous smile* to you!

5. faeaki7 says:

Nice touch by the tournament director “Rafa is one of the best and most popular players of all time”