Don’t count this man out

Photo by Beth Wilson

If you aren’t following @JamesLaRosa on twitter you should. If for no other reason than kefuoe and I need more donations to the “JamesLaRosa streaks the Hit for Haiti” fund. Any way…he just tweeted a link to his “He’s Rafa, Dammit” article. Read it. Chill. Be happy – RafaTennis resumes soon.

1. Emma H says:

What a great article. He really “gets” Rafa.

2. patzin says:

Great blog in defense of Rafa. I follow James on Twitter. Always interesting.

3. tiemyshoe says:

Question: who IS James LaRosa? And is he single?

“I’m doing it now. I’m slapping you out of it.” –> what I’ve wanted to say to the Debbie Downers for the last few months. Or more like, “The back of my hand: let me show you it.”

4. metallic cherry says:

I LOVE YOU, James La Rosa. <333

What with this fantastic article and that lovely Banesto football vid, I am feeling extremely chirpy tonight! :)

5. MJ says:

Such a great article…i definitely needed a smack…feeling sorry for myself today…between this and that adorable video, I am feeling much better !! Looking forward to some fun tennis on Fri p.m.!!!

6. jba says:

fight, dammit! fight! spot on, james la rosa. bravo!

7. Ch F says:

Well said, but…who’s writing Rafa out? It’s a good thing I’m not following all those blogs, I’d be depressed by now ;-)

8. Sofia says:

Wow. I couldn’t have said it better myself. Bravo.

9. EJL says:

i’m proud of JAmes. RAfa should skim through this. sure it upbeats his confidence.
    VAmoos RAFA(this GOddamned adversity has to be over at last)

10. faeaki7 says:

This man definately has Rafa sussed out! got to be the best piece of writing about Rafa I have seen in a while, rock on James!

11. junko says:

What an article to read first thing in the morning (it is morning where I am), made me really happy! Now I am following @JamesLaRosa.
    Go RAFA GO!

12. Maya says:

Thank you…Thank you…Thank you! This article was a long time coming and expresses my thoughts completely.

13. mary says:

I’m hooked. This guy is marvelous. I find some articles to be repeatative, long & boring cause they seem to go over & over the same ground with Rafa. But this blew the wind in my sails. If I’m not following anyone on twitter I am now. I could read his stuff all day & apart from nearly wetting myself with laughter, I’ll get some good intelligent & no nonsence insight!!! Vamos JameslaRosa

Thank you finding and sharing this. I agree with it all and I enjoyed his style of writing. Many times I cheered in agreement, laughed at some great lines and banged my fist on the table to emphasize how true his points.

Rafa’s a beast and one of the nicest, most humble guys on tour. True true.

Will definitely follow James now.

Also luv the concentrated eyebrows photo.

15. aRafaelite says:

At last! Come and join the happy tent people! There are still many great things to come from Señor Rafael Nadal! He’s constantly evolving, and while I mourn the boy-next-door (grrr… Shakira), I think we’re about to enter a whole new chapter of “Holy crap, please don’t let me be drawn in Nadal’s quarter!” Vamos Nadalek! You’ve done your time. Now let the fun begin…!

16. yoni says:

I have had the most miserable two weeks of work, this was an awesome read. I cannot wait for some tennis. I may have to drive out to IW and play hooky….

Trouble is, the people who might need to be “slapped out of it”, probably won’t read that article.
    And most people who don’t, probably already know what’s written here.
    To me, it’s as much speculation as any other thing written about Rafa’s careera, injuries etc. etc. at the moment. Only time will tell, no?

Vamos!

18. Arwen says:

Article is nice but I never lost my faith in Rafa.I am
    definetly sure about his comeback as he has that courage and stamina.GO RAFA…..

19. JanP says:

GREAT article/commentary!! LOVE it–“He’s Rafa, dammit!” Damn straight!

20. Rafangel says:

Every word spot on. Good to be presented once again, after so long, with everything we love about Rafa. Enough of all the shit – Rafa’s back!

21. Phyzzie says:

As a Rafa fan, it is so good to hear a sports analyst say what we fans already know. The article was spot on, however, James does say that Rafa is a left-hander. I assume he is meaning he plays left-handed and does not really think our Rafa is a left-hander??? :-)