IW 08 & 09 photos

Photo by Susanna728

Susanna728 sent in a link to her photo album from the 2008 and 2009 Indian Wells tournament – Enjoy! And thanks to Susanna728 for putting together the album and sending in the link.

1. nic says:

Hubba hubba in this pic! Love him in this tee. I’ve got a bright orange version of this classic design. It’s so soft and hugable, kinda like Rafa? ;)

Btw, I just got my fridge replaced today, and the guys who delivered it noticed my Rafa calendar (Miri’s gorgeous one) on the wall LOL. Turns out one of them’s a huge Rafa fan, yay.

The supportive friend asked the Rafa fan, “Hey, you love this guy, don’t you? What’s his name?” And the other guy responded, “Yeah, Nadal, that’s him”. And then the supportive friend asked me what I thought of his knee injuries and if he’d retire. And I was like, no way dude, he’s too young to retire. He’s taking care of himself these days, he’ll be back soon. Then I just blurted out “I hate it when people talk shit about him” LOL. And they both totally laughed with (or maybe at) me, hehe.

That kinda made my day. Oh yeah, the Rafa fan was kinda cute too :D

I tried to smell Rafa’s curls in the -08 pics. It didn’t work. You think it’s something to do with the IE version I use?! ;)

• Atch2 says:

Don’t blame it on IE CC, I think you need one of those Japanese made monitors that has 5-sense abilities ;P

• natch says:

*calls Japan*
        *asks about 5-sense ability monitors*
        *hears mocking laughter for twelve minutes*
        Awwww…I thought it was real.

Hey nic,
        I had delivery guys in my home today, too! Rafa was involved, too! :D One of them commented on the color of my henley (it’s turquoise, and I’m wearing a lime green cami underneath.) He said the bright colors reminded him of that “Spanish tennis player who is a MONSTER on clay – he always wears colors like that.” :D

What?! Not real?!

*sobs*

I want… *sobs*…to smell… *sobs* …Rafa…

Hey, what’s a henley?! Will I get to learn a new word in English today?!

*wipes tears*

*rubs hands in excitement*

• sia says:

CC a henley is a shirt with … uh here is an example:

usually they can be a bit more industrial. I just imagine natch wearing one like this.

• natch says:

OMG! sia, you have a great imagination! Erm…unless you installed a hidden camera in my home or studio…;) That is EXACTLY what mine looked like. :D

CC,
              *waves*
              To be a bit more precise, a henley is a shirt with buttons that go half way (or less) down the center. It can be short or long sleeves, scoop, V, crew, or any other kind of neck. But it doesn’t have a collar.

*waves back*

Talking about clothes, isn’t that colour Rafa is wearing in the photo above the most gorgeous on him evah?! With the tan…so yummy, no? I can’t WAIT to see him sweat in the sunny in IW and Miami.

• dutchgirl says:

:D

3. faeaki7 says:

Loved that blue and turquoise combo, and he does look leaner in 2009 compared to 2008 or is it me??
    I loved Indian wells 2008 because he got revenge on quite a few opponents, really stamped his authority although he didn’t defend his title, it was still a successful tournament for him for lots of reasons.

#29 looks like Marc!’s sucking on a tennis ball.

#36, that’s gotta be Del Po to the left. No one has limbs like that.

Forgot how long Rafa’s hair use to be. And it’s slowly shrinking. By the time we get to 2013, Rafa may be a skinhead.

• Susanna728 says:

Atch2 – You’re absolutely right – that was DelPo on his left in #36. Rafa beat him in the QF (then Roddick in the semis; then of course Murray in the final).

5. patzin says:

Nice photos. I miss the longer hair, but he seems to be going in the opposite direction.

• tiemyshoe says:

I’m kinda thankful for the short hair, ’cause if he had ’08-era hair in the Shakira vid, it really would’ve pushed the Latin-lover video hunk imagery to new and bad dimensions. :)

BTW, very nice photos, Susanna. Thanks!

7. faeaki7 says:

Yes thanks Susanna.

8. natch says:

“miri says:
    March 2, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Just for you, Natch. I don’t know it it will help you with the “banging your head on the screen” problem, though. (Photo by Toby Melville)”

GGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

*spontaneously combusts*

*throws water on self*

*goes back to full-sized pic*

GGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

*bursts into flames again*

Hmm…I sense a pattern developing here.
    Thank you, Toby Melville. THANK YOU, Miri!

Urm…I never thought I’d say it, but that photo THAT close up is almost a bit much just after dinner…

Hell, what AM I talking about?! Of course it’s not. OMG.

(BTW, is that photo from the Olympics? I seem to remember hearing a rumour that Rafa’s luggage was delayed and that he had to borrow clothes, which would explain the slightly too big…*ahem*…shorts. Don’t know if it was just a rumour, though.)

Well, I have never… ;)

Yes, from the Olympics and yes, some luggage was lost and he mentioned sleeping sans pjs.

See, I can’t imagine Rafa ever wearing pjs. Well, I don’t WANT to imagine him wearing them. ;)

But yes, I remember. He said it didn’t matter about the luggage because it was too hot for pjs anyway.

• An says:

OMG or Dios mio!

This pic full sized is……… *lost words*

GIRLS… LOOK.AT.THE.TREASURE.TRAIL;)

Thanks airline company for making Rafa’s luggage disapear! How did women in the olympic village where able to concentrate on theire sports knowing Rafa was sleaping nearby without pjs? HOW?

• Emma R says:

That drawstring is just an invitation to sin. Pass me my devil horns and a huge pot of very runny honey.

Uhhuh…the treasure trail and…urm…beneath. No honey, I want pure Rafa…

*faints*

• Atch2 says:

I have a news clipping with THAT photo on my fridge from 2008. One of my favs bec the cheeky look is so adorable. The stomach and dents at his waist just make it better.

• johanne says:

*licks computer screen*

I need shirtless practices at IW. Please tennis gods, please be hot as hell in the desert!

Yes, maybe Susanna728 can get us some shirtless practice pictures this year. (Desperately trying to bring things back somewhere near the topic and feeling very guilty for participating in taking us so far away from it. What can I say, I do love that picture so.)

But it can only get that hot after I leave…or I’ll melt.

[edited to fix a typo.]

• An says:

Que Miri?

• Susanna728 says:

I’ll try. As you can see from the photos, I got to see him change his shirt but never saw him practice without one. I kept hoping and hoping…maybe this year. People do yell “take off your shirt” while he’s practicing. It’s a riot.

• Atch2 says:

Susanna728, can’t you just throw some dirt on him, drench him with water, steal his man-bag stuffed with cookies and t-shirts, or just ask him to take his shirt off and smile innocently?

• Emma R says:

The thought of drenched Rafa having to take his shirt off to change it just makes me go all numb and buzzy. How I miss screeching at the telly when the ad breaks coincide with his shirt changes.

Having naughty thoughts about his “man bag” as well, mwahah. Bring the tennis back and distract me from all this lust.

Only trouble is, the tennis doesn’t distract me from all the lust. It just feeds it. ;)

• An says:

Seeing Rafa, on and off the tennis court feeds it, he’s entirely to blame for it!!;)

• Emma R says:

Oh Ok I admit it, I am a lust crazed beast where Rafa is concerned. I think maybe I had some vague idea that if I can lust in a tennis playing context somehow this makes it a bit more…intellectual?? What a pile of crap. Lust is lust, and he is a lustworthy shagpile.

• natch says:

Susanna,

First of all, THANKS for the photos! :D
            Second, maybe if you take your shirt off first, maybe Rafa will return the favor? (Just make sure you have the camera ready.) ;)

Also? Try yelling, “Take off your shorts!”, and see what happens. That usually works for me. ;)