Shakira video preview

Rafa appears to be working with Shakira on a video (leading to all sorts of stupid rumors that they are dating). The Perez Hilton site has something they claim to be a behind the scenes preview here.

(Found on goats, bulls and ponies.)

Please note: This post is not an invitation to discuss who might or might not be schtooping whom. It’s simply a report on a music video in which Rafa makes an appearance.

1. robert says:

Lots of natural quick chemistry between them. Besides that, they seem to genuinely like each other as persons. So rare to find, no wonder he couldn’t refuse to participate in this thing. He is a bashful pup full of serious manly potential, of course she is dazzled by him.

Feel like a peeping tom watching their short interaction, more intimate than sex.

• Missy says:

“He is a bashful pup full of serious manly potential, of course she is dazzled by him.”

Robert, you have just summed up an aspect of Rafa perfectly. “Bashful pup full of serious manly potential.”

LOVE IT! :D

As for the felling like a peeping tom, it must be a guy thing. Guilt has not crossed my mind. I’m too busy mentally editing Shakira and inserting myself! *swoon*

2. miri says:

People, please…let’s please remember that both Rafa and Shakira have wives. Okay? So stop it. (Goodness I love Google translation) The article indicates the video will be out much sooner than I expected.

3. faeaki7 says:

Shakira and Rafael look amazing here, she has always been a little fascinated by him I feel, as many of us are, its natural for the media to be blowing things out of proportion of course! 2 great looking people with latin backgrounds is a recipe for letting the imagination go wild!
    Couldn’t here a thing on this vid so looking forward to seeing it when its finished, he looks ultra sexy here, like he always does of course.! *too much Rafa hotness at once today!*

4. iren says:

nice i liked it….but people will cricize him ofcoure because i have to say it is a bit strange for him but who cares…seriously what happened to a guy from mallorca who is shy and simple who likes to keep a low profile outside of tennis goes to fishing in his off times….i guess thats not the fish season….or is this a time to catch different kind of fish hahahaha….

• Missy says:

Hehe, aw, c’mon!

Rafa’s growing up right before our eyes!
      He’s still Rafa! He loves fishing, he’s scared of cheese, he still snort-laughs, lines up his bottles, adores tot-tossing.

Just because he’s in a music video with Shakira and is going to be all kinds of sexy and HOTT and we didn’t see it coming, doesn’t mean he’s a compeletely different person. It just means that there’s more layers that we haven’t seen yet, and there are more experiences he’s willing to try. That doesn’t mean that the news will all of a sudden be crammed with 1000 alleged mistresses and we find out that Rafa has a tattoo bar were he teaches kids to gamble. Or that Rafa’s chocolate muffins/cookies/candies are , in fact, tobacco slabs. :))

5. Maya says:

I think that Mallorcan boy grew up and his people (publicist, manager, etc.) realized that he has a charm that captivates people beyond tennis. I hope it all works out for him.

• Denizen says:

Nicely put. I’ve noticed that lately he seems more comfortable in front of a camera (for example, the Nike hoodie shoot). Given the mutual admiration society between Shakira and him, this was probably a fun work assignment for both of them.

• Missy says:

I love how innocently you put it. As if they’re meeting for a play date to draw crayon pictures and Rafa was caught sharing his chocolate chip cookie with her. :D

As for Rafa being more comfortable in front of a camera, he’s Hott and he’s starting to notice it. Even though I STILL think he’ll have that “I’m a little bit shy for this” attitude that is SO Rafa. He’ll be Hott, drive us helpless females mad, make it worse by exuding sexy, enhance his sexiness by being innocent…But in the end, he just doesn’t want to talk about it because, after all, he’s still “a little bit shy for this.” XD

I just FLOVE the many layers of Rafa. What a cutie-pa-tootie! <3

6. Nic says:

Oh my gahd. I’ve been unable to stop chuckling the whole morning since I saw this! Rafa!! He is so bashful in this video it is completely adorable to watch. They must have been telling him what to do on camera and he’s trying but having a case of the giggles and looking so shy. I still can’t believe Rafa did this. We all knew the mutual admiration these two have for each other – she thinks he’s amazing on court, and he loves her music – but I would have never guessed him appearing in her music video in a million years!! Bestill my heart, boy does he look sexy as hell in that still pic of them all bronzed and him shirtless. And his smile just melts my heart in the vid.

I still can’t quite believe that he did it, being the shy modest guy he is. Remember how he was supposedly dissapointed with how he looked too sexy in that NY Mag shoot? But I’m sure Shakira made all efforts to persuade him to do it and display a different side. And he probably likes the song alot :D Oh, definitely feel Rafa would have checked with Xisca if she was cool with it. As for Shakira’s fiancé, he’s seen her in many sexy videos with other men before, surely this is nothing new. Just like all of you though, am amazed that he was up for it! I really think it’s cool that he did. There he goes surprising us all again. Gotta remember that he’s a young man who also knows how to have fun and go out on a limb. Take that Nando and Feli, methinks Rafa has just trumped both you major hotties, haha.

My only hope is that media and tennis fans don’t go judging him on this. I would hate to think that this would give them fodder to make something of Rafa that is not true. I know await for Rafa’s recognition and popularity outside of tennis to soar to crazy new heights! Cannot wait to see this!!!!

• Nic says:

Btw I was referring to Feli’s appearance on a Spanish soap and Nando’s many caliente escapades in all forms of media. Ah, those two, they make me chuckle too. They’re hot and they know it, but our Rafa, looks like he’s beginning to realise his own hotness. Please forever remain bashful Rafa!!

7. Missy says:

“Take that Nando and Feli, methinks Rafa has just trumped both you major hotties, haha.”

Giiirrrl, you know that Nando and Feli were never even in the card game! :D Not unless they were the ‘Joker’ cards, in that case, I don’t ever play with them. *snap snap*

I too love how “a little bit shy for this” he is in the clip. Something tells me there’s going to be A LOT of outtakes and bloopers. I hope they show them! OOOooh, they almost always do a ‘behind the music video’ type things. Maybe there’ll be one for this video too! *shrieks and squeals like a crazed fangirl*

I can’t wait to see this either!!!

8. Eliana says:

Love the lil’ clip, so fun and very flirty! Actually, there is so much flirting going on that I’m really jealous of Shakira (not that I needed another reason to be jealous of her!)I just hope it’s not a lame vid.

9. cookie says:

Rafa may feel lucky that his hobby (tennis) is his liveihood, but I believe that whatever he works at becomes an enjoyable endeavor for everyone involved because he brings so much of his genuinely wonderful self into everything he does. A truly amazing person and I think we are all so fortunate to be witnessing him living through all the many changes in his blessed life. Thank you for showing another facet of it through this music video!

Right, I’ve done my research (thank you, Spotify!). In the song (it’s kinda cute), Shakira sings “I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me…”. I’m so hoping the act that line out in the video! ;)

• Atch2 says:

And I thought it would’ve been a Spanish song.

• Atch2 says:

Fm youtube if anyone wants to hear what the song’s like:

• nic says:

Thanks! I was so curious what it would be like. But yeah, I thought it’s from her Spanish album, no? Maybe she made an English version too.

I’m sure there’s an English and a Spanish version. I think that’s what she normally does.

• Courtney says:

It has only been released in English so far and was co-written with another singer (I believe). Her website says that she will release the Spanish version (“Gitana”) along with the video soon! Can’t wait! :)

• An says:

“Shakira sings “I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me…”.”

Well, if i wasn’t before i’m deffinitly looking forward now for that clip!!;)
            Can it be next week quickly please?? I’m only going to watch MTV the whole week long i think:)

11. Ch F says:

I’m not against the clip as such, although it surprised me as I said before, but I certainly hope it doesn’t distract him from his main goal in any negative way. It could also distract him positively, in which case I’m all thumbs up about it.

12. Nana says:

I’m surprised and not surprised. Surprised that shy rafa would do something like this but not surprised that a 23-year-old lad would want to have new experiences from time to time.

he’s still rafa to me =)

13. Emma R says:

That clip just exudes chemistry and it’s really possible to sort of imagine yourself lying there next to him insetad of Shakira. #sighs deeply and makes growling noise#

What’s with the bracelet? I haven’t noticed that before.

14. nic says:

Just watched the video on my computer instead of my phone, and his smile is to die for!!! As for the bracelet, I can’t handle it!! So not Rafa. Too blingy. Take it off!

It’s funny, because normally my reaction would be the same as yours, nic “eeeehhhh take it OFF!!!” about jewelry on any man. On this occasion, however, I find even the bracelet extremely sexy. Like, I-can’t-handle-anymore-sexy… So weird. ;)

• nic says:

LOL there’s too much sexy Rafa on this site today for anyone to handle. After the starvation of Rafa updates for what seemed like forever, it’s like we’ve all died and gone to heaven with these new videos!! I’m really struggling to contain my excitement here!

• Emma R says:

I just made the same comment on the other thread – likened it to a sugar rush after detox!

I actually quite like the bracelet as long as he leaves it at that and keeps it subtle. Can’t bear the idea of Rafa dripping with hideous gold chains and clanking about. I trust him not to, though.

• Ch F says:

The concept is really hot, the way they are sitting and everything but it’s also funny at the same time, with Shakira being so into it and Rafa so…out of it. That shut up and look sexy thing doesn’t really work very well for Rafa in that photo ;-)

• Debbie says:

HAWT is right. :)))) They look fabulous together and I love the way they are sitting. Almost tantric. *faints*

• Debbie says:

Oops Sarah…in all my Shaki/Rafa love I forgot to say thanks!

• g says:

It looks scandalous. Don’t like it one bit.

15. faeaki7 says:

No I agree, Shakira looks all sensual but Rafa doesn’t look into it at all, its like “are we done now?”, not a good shot of Rafa, they should have re-took that one.