AO 3rd round photos

Photos by WILLIAM WEST/AFP/Getty Images, REUTERS/Tim Wimborne, GREG WOOD/AFP/Getty Images, Lucas Dawson/Getty Images, Matt Blyth/Getty Images, TORSTEN BLACKWOOD/AFP/Getty Images, AP Photo/Mark Baker, and Cameron Spencer/Getty Images

1. reemo says:

Well the set of pictures describe how the match was going perfectly :D … What I cannt believe is how fast he changes from the mode in pic 12 or 14 to the cutie in 21 in like 1 minute

2. kefuoe says:

That #9 is hilarious, especially out of context. It really looks like a fight is brewing. So has there been an unusually high number of run-ins with lines people and ball kids? Roddick had one, Azarenka had one.

3. Kate says:

Yes I was wondering that too – the ballboy pic looks really weird – Jim Courier is the best interviewer because he asks really risky questions – the one with Fed the other night was hilarious! They don’t post them on the website tho – really sad cos they are soooo much fun!

The pain & the passions of bronzed Rafa.

Love them all. So much.

6. An says:

How does it come that i get the urge to lick all that sweat in pic #4&#5 of his face…. sweat usually is’nt that tastefull but from this man….. O:

And how cute is the blue fluff in the stubble?! Oh, Rafa…what do you do to me?! One minute I want to *you know what* you, next minute I want to mother you. It’s oh so confusing.

8. dutchgirl says:

I love him in these photos, but then again, I love him in most photos. The vamos in #1 is pretty intense, it’t one of the moments in the match I was yelling at my tv screen to hold that intensity and win the damn match.

• Necitas says:

I love fotos, 4, 5, 6…Haayyy Rafa! I can only sigh…Pls keep fighting, we want you in the finals, PLEASE?!

9. aRafaelite says:

Was I actually AT this match?! Wow! Love pic 4, but I think pic 6 probably closest to my VERY hazy memories of it!

10. faeaki7 says:

Keep fighting! yeah if he keeps spraying those forehands life is gonna be very tough on the court no? Very animated photos’ describes excatly the way the match went, the intensity was high and Rafa was soo frustrating but he did win the good points my only critisizm would be how he dropped serve at 2-5, this was disappointing, “damn it Rafa!” but when he served out the match first time, I felt more positive for him, he must have known he had to hold strong there and get this wrapped up once and for all, thank god.
    His next opponent if he gets through it, should be good practice for his return of serve! Boy when I see who Murray had to play,(florent serra) Federer tonight has Montanes ppfft, Del Potro had Mayer(who he beat soundly last year), I kind of think that Rafa had the toughest opponent to get to the 4th round out of the top 5.

11. Isabelle says:

Miri, loved your caption on #20 “there there…but don’t ever come that close again”. I couldn’t last any longer and went to bed at 2:30 a.m. (middle of 2nd set), I think the stress would have done me in had I stayed up, I am too old for this (shouldn’t confess that, but any age can lust for Rafa!). So glad he is on through to next round!!

12. faeaki7 says:

Yes it was too stressful to watch most times, you almost feel its never over until the last point is done. *so relieved*