1. sunset says:

What a heart-melting smile…Love how he tried very hard to keep a straight face and finally succumbed to the good-humored, funny moment.

And those trophies, yes Rafa they are safely at home and nobody can take them away from you ever. And surely many new members will join your trophy family in the years to come, no?

2. Kate says:

Haha – I guess a marriage proposal in either Spanish or English is understood!

3. jba says:

one of the cutest smiles ever. maybe when i go to a GS and see rafa i should take a shot at it. would love to see him smile like that.

4. sia says:

Oh … the commemtators are as funny as the whole episode. Rafa must have felt completey relaxed to be able to respond while in match mode. As good as the Queen’s tournament moments.

• Atch2 says:

They’re laughing their heads off.

” well done madam …. bet he’s tempted to have a look ”

And well done to her indeed bec it’s hard getting a smile out of match our man during competition.

5. tiemyshoe says:

I love that he insists that nobody can take away his titles, ’cause they’re AT HOME. So suck it, title-thieves!

6. faeaki7 says:

Awh just love that smile, he so sweet to respond like that. He seemed to miss all his first serves during these vids and whats with the cross court balls in the service box? oh well I guess he did what he had to do to win the match, his opponent seems overwhelmed by the situation, Laver Arena + Rafael Nadal = scary. His opponent apparently had yet to play a top 10 player let alone someone of Rafa’s potential so it was to be expected I guess.

7. Maggie says:

I got a smile out of him once, actually twice. Sorry, I don’t normally comment, but I want to brag! :)

I was watching him practice at the US Open in 2008 and I yelled (in Spanish) for him to take his shirt off and he smiled. And then later on he sneezed and I yelled “god bless you” and he smiled again. :)

• Maggie says:

Just want to add that this wasn’t while he was actively practicing, it was while he was sitting during the practice. I’m not completely rude!

• sia says:

I think that’s something you should be able to brag about Maggie. We all love to see Rafa smile and we all have our ideas of how to make him do that. ;)

8. Maricarmen says:

Ha, he must have thought I was in Australia, and that it was me asking him :)

Another adorable Rafa smile moment – he was practicing in Cincinnati and was close to the fence when a little boy said, “Good luck, Rafa!” Rafa looked at him, grinned, and said, “I weel ween!” in the most un-arrogant way possible. It made my ovaries hurt.

9. nic says:

Gorgeous gorgeous smile. Especially with that killer tan. Sigh.
    I love how he said what he did in the presser, with ‘humble’ and not an angry bone in there, just sweet and even throwing in a few melting smiles. Rafa, why you do this to me, honey!? :)

We NEED full Rafa pressers filmed always. I can’t believe they don’t put the pressers as vids on the AO site. Really annoys me, that.

• GB says:

I know, WTF is with not filming them? Especially as AUS as had some of the best Rafapressers ever. Wanted new lovely smiles, eyebrows and Rafa making himself snort laugh.

• nic says:

Not impressed too. Have been going in there hoping each time. Sigh.
      Wonder if they have vids of other players’ pressers?

11. Eliana says:

%&%#*@! Can’t watch youtube vids and it seems they’re awesome! Does anybody else has the same problem?

• dutchgirl says:

It seems Tennis Australia has removed the first vid anyway, because of copyright.
      I was lucky enough to see the smile after the proposal during the match, but wanted to enjoy it again, and now it’s lost :((

12. Emma R says:

His hair looks lovely, has he done something different? And that sort of tugging on a non existent double chin is very sweet.

I wonder if he ever gets cross and has rows with people. I suppose he must, but I just can’t imagine it. I mean I know he has the clamped eyebrows game face on in matches, but all the aggression goes into the hitting. Just thoughts.

13. mary says:

Apart from melting me away with that smile, does anyone know why he was having to defend himself (well thats what it looked like) about his abilities?
    Probably some idiot asking the same old questions!! :(

• nic says:

Read the full presser transcript and you’ll see the trail of questions that led to that answer. Damn, they really need to film these. C’mon Oz open! What’s up with that!

14. Marla says:

I see tennisAustralia has already removed this video, too. Boy, they are fast. Compared to the other slams they seem to be the stingiest with their “video rights”. I did email the AO site and the AOshop site about offering the “Hit for Haiti” video or download for purchase (funds going to the Haiti cause)and I actually got a response back from the AOshop saying they were already considering doing that. Don’t know if it was bs or not, but if enough people emailed maybe they would???? Hint.

Marriage proposal vid:

Tennis Australia, pls let us enjoy AO and leave the other clips alone.