AO practice photos: day 2

The fellow in the one picture is identified as Rafa’s coach in the photo caption. I have no idea if the caption writer was on crack or not, though.

Photos by PAUL CROCK/AFP/Getty Images, and REUTERS/David Gray

CC, any comment on ‘Spread em’?
    Luv Rafa wondering what a racket is used for in #8.

Maybe Uncle Toni/Roig shrank and got plastic surgery.

How many of this t-shirt does Rafa have? Wasn’t he wearing it during practice day 1 and 2?

(Did u hear the injuries list this wk? Del Po, Soderling, Nalbandian and Ferrero)

• jba says:

i gotta say, he looked a lot better in the pictures taken on day one of practice. i read about soderilng, nalbadian, and ferrero but i didn’t know delpo is dealing with injuries, too. interesting…

• An says:

Atch2, this is a different shirt…. day one had withe stripes, these are black, No?

Yes, i pay to much attention to evry tiny little detail off Rafa…
        *sigh*

• Carol says:

Juanqui twisted an ankle I think, don’t know how badly. Felt very sorry for Nalby – he doesn’t need this!

My first thought on reading your comment jba was along the lines of: OMG the season’s hardly started yet…

Nope, but I’d happily spread em’ for Rafa… ;)

2. Rafafan says:

Didn’t know about Del pot either. All we need is Davy and Fed now and that would be good for Rafa’s chances – not that I wish any of them to be injured of course! Biased me – of cours yeah

Pic 8 – hope that’s not him holding his knee?

• Ch F says:

And Verdasco, who as a Spaniard handles the heat well and beat Djokovic even though apparently Djokovic didn’t play well. Plus he made the semifinals last year.

• faeaki7 says:

Thats what I was thinking! the holding the knee one, ouch! no more problems pleeeease Rafa, from your ever worrying fan!

Del Potro withdrew from his match today siting another flare up of tendinitous in his wrist? think its just precautionary though for the A/O.

3. Nic says:

Mmmmhhhhmmmm. Red hot Rafa. Keep it coming.

• aRafaelite says:

Caption for #5: “Sorry Rafa, but adjusting your pants for you is not in my job description. You’ll have to do it yourself.”

Caption for #8: “C’mon CC, I’ve been standing like this for 24 hours, how long will it take your plane to get here?!”

I can’t share the enthusiasm for all the injury news… esp Nalby’s withdrawal, I was hoping to see him play. I bought an Argentinian flag to wave at the AO for Pico and DelPo and Nalby (which is a big deal for someone who’s technically still a Brit AND adores Rafa) – so a bit disappointed :(

• An says:

You are right aRafaelite, injury’s are nothibg to be enthousiastic about!( just imagine how we feel if it is Rafa who’s injured ):- ) I want Rafa to win AO too, but just because he is te best and by winning against the toughest opponents. I think it just wouldnt mean so much to him iff the mayority off the top 10 players would be injured, No?

So, wish all the players a speedy recovery and for all off them to be fit for AO!

Agree An! They seem to be dropping like flies at the moment, no? Mind you, I think most of them are just being cautious before the start of the tourney.

Heh, yeah…he’s really starting to tire there, isn’t he! :D

4. Ch F says:

Oh…I don’t like the sight of Picture 8, but I suppose it’s the heat or fatigue and not some huge disappointment. Vamos Rafa.

• Eliana says:

Thought it was the heat too. I was reading about the Medibank Tournament and Serena Williams was talking about the scorching heat(typical for Australia at this time, no?) and how a vigorous breeze was making things better. Also, you kinda see Rafa wiping the sweat with his arm :)

For the injuries, I really feel bad. I know some of the NN members are not keen of Söderling, but he doesn’t bother me and when you have a tournament without all the best players, for me it doesn’t hold the same value. wishing a speedy recovery to all of them!

• GB says:

I don’t like Sod, but don’t want to see any player suffering injuries. It shows, once again, how inadequate the off season is. I hope he and Delpo etc are okay for the AO.

• GB says:

Yeah, is scary, no? Even fatigue (while obvs much better than Rafa being in pain) wouldn’t be great news, given that Rafa admitted at the WTFs that he tires more easily/finds it harder to recover since the layoff. I hope his plan of working on it in the off season paid off.

Too much frazzling already, so have decided to think he was pushing himself really hard in the heat to get ready, like the commies were saying Delpo was doing

• An says:

I think we do not have to worry here….
        What i see in pic 8 is him whiping off some sweat at his left sleeve!

Hope i’m right in anny case…

• Ch F says:

I wonder whether the fact that he tires more easily is due to the confidence issue as well. Anyway, hopefully he will regain his resilience with time.

I think it’s a concentration issue/tiredness, not physical tiredness. Practicing can get you physically there, but I think the amount of concentration necessary to plan each point out and adapt to what’s going on is something you only get via matches.

Ohhh…in pic #10 I just want to tickle him underneath that outstretched arm…