Thanks for linking to the 1st set tie-break bec I was one of the sad people that couldn’t watch the live stream. From that he looked agressive and some of his defensive shots were winners. And his shots were deep in the rallies, and luved seeing him attack when Robin was at the net.

Rafa looked so shy and overjoyed when receiving his trophy. When he’s clean shaven and with short hair, he looks so young and fresh and handsome. I’m so so happy for you Rafa.

What did Robin mean by playing in ‘tough conditions’? was it windy or something in the final? And they did have a nicer and longer exchange at the net and nice words during their speeches.

And agree Rafa is super cute at the end of that really bad promo.

(couldn’t open the match highlights link though, for some reason)

Looks like the user removed the video. I’ll take the link down and keep an eye out to see if they repost it with better audio.

I think it looked like they had to deal with the windy a bit in the match.

Clean shaven Rafa at trophy ceremony, I can almost taste the mix of salty sweat and citrusy after shave through my computer screen. Mmmmmm…

Trooophy ceremony Rafa, my favourite…

Thought Robin both played well and handled himself well. And he’s got sweet dimples too!

Wish the Spanish commentators would stop blabbering during the trophy ceremony. I’m from a country where you’d have the commentator saying “…yup…” every ten minutes or so. This is faaar too much for me to handle. ;)

Xisca, you tell mama Nadal all about it! Looks like she can’t wait to hear about her son. I bet Xisca’s got some great stories, with a boyfriend like Rafa… :D

• Atch2 says:

Lucky Xisca got 2 celebrate with Rafa last nite. And i bet she could fill a thick volume with Rafa stories. I’d certainly buy a copy, & i know many of the stories would keep me laughg.

• mary says:

Yep looks like she has a sense of humor. Just our sort of gal. Looks like mamma Nadal loves her as well. She gave her the better seat!! Poor mum had to stick her head around a pole to catch her son playing. How could they stick them there in that awkward spot!!

3. Carol says:

Loved the end bits of the vid… typical Rafa…

eh, what will Rafa do with that wire sculpture trophy apart from add it to the (new) cupboard? he he. Is it silver?

(no, I will not clean that…: the Umag trophy of Czech glass & silver (?) is bad enough (and I do posess some Czech glass with overlaid silverware so I know that that is a pig to clean))

• Emma R says:

I think it’s quite nice compared to some of them. Maybe a feather duster and quick once over once a week? (and can i please do the same to Rafa??)

He did look thrilled – feel almost maternally proud of him. Onward to Doha and the AO.

• mary says:

Love the language & expressive way these gentleman talk. It cracks me up when they get excited!!!

4. mary says:

Just saw that bad promo. That probably the worse one I’ve seen ever. The end does make up for it though. Whew!!

1. January 2, 2010

[…] off the bat! Rafa by being a good boy and winning his first two matches of the year, Sodemort by being a decent sport in the Abu Dhabi trophy ceremony (UNPRECEDENTED in his recent history with […]