WTF? Cute tots

mary pointed me towards this video about the mascots that accompanied the players onto the court for the Rafa/Davydenko match. I love it when the kid checks the giant blue ball to make sure the company name shows. I’m sure he was told to make sure that name showed.

1. nidserz says:

ummm. JEALOUS!
    i want to go back to being young and cute and win contests.

Rafa gave a really sweet smile and tight handhold with James. Lucky kid. So Rafadorable.

3. sia says:

Ahhh … do you think I could be a tot … just for one night … I’m not really very tall.

• Atch2 says:

If it were me I’d let u, as long as u make sure you hold the ball correctly and the company logo is seen.

4. sia says:

Not sure it would happen quite like that Atch2 … once Rafa leaned in and took my hand that big, blue ball would tumble into the court.

5. mary says:

I just wanna be the boys mamma!!! I would be checking up on him every 5 seconds. I’d be playing the fussing & doting mother that has to show her son how to hold Rafa’s hand & then just forget to let go!! ;)

This vid is sooooooo cute & smiley Rafa gentle but firmly taking hold of the little boys hand. Melts your heart & makes you wanna get maternal. With him of course. :)

6. dutchgirl says:

My oldest son’s best friend (a huge Rafa fan) got to walk on court with Rafa during the Rotterdam tournament of 2008. On tv we could see him all smiling from ear to ear. He even brought a little present for Rafa which he got to hand over.

7. Carol says:

I’d love to know what Rafa said to young James as he took hold of the little lad’s hand. Something like “don’t worry”, I bet.

Somehow though, “maternal” does not enter my Rafa lexicon… :-)

Awww… I hadn’t watched this before, but I’m glad I did now. How adorable and how cool for little James.

Rafa with kids is just the best. I swear that the really old clip with Rafa playing with the little girl with Down’s syndrome could inspire world peace!

• Atch2 says:

On the subject of Rafa and kids, u should see these if u haven’t already. Rafadorable. It’ll make u want to be a little girl again.

Hamburg, with mascot

Rotterdam 09
      (Info said: Rafael Nadal apologizes after he accidently hit a little girl with a ball who was watching him practice. At first he apologized by holding his raquet up (like how they apologize during matches ;) ) But when she started crying he went to her and apologized to her)

• mary says:

Oh I wanna be a little girl again. How cute was that & he kissed her!! :)

• An says:

Verry cute!! But still… I think i do not wanna be a little girl again, i’d rather stay this age, now i could do the not so innocent kissing with Rafa;)
          So if you like to kiss with blond girls Rafa…. just say!