WTF: RR2 photos

Photos by Julian Finney/Getty Images, Clive Brunskill/Getty Images, Matthew Lewis/Getty Images, GLYN KIRK/AFP/Getty Images, and REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett

1. SheIsBlessed says:

I haven’t seen Rafa look this dejected in a long time. It’s so sad to see him lose again. Can’t wait for the Davis Cup now where we shall see him smile and support his team.

2. mary says:

How come I miss all the shirt changes lately. Bloody foxtel goes to commercials nowadays just when the great stuff happens.
    Rafa you are thinking way tooooooo often these days. When you said you didn’t need a sports psychologist, I think you were wrong. Something is in your head & you need to let it go like the points you lose. Move forward por favor.

3. Diane says:

My 2 cents: He needs to go home, grow his hair, cut the f***ing sleeves off, get out the pirata pants, and let’s get it ON!
    I love him, regardless. But it hurts to see him hurt so, and to experience so much disappointment. Baby needs to get back to basics, and go with what works. Screw the detractors.

4. Courtney says:

Uh, I don’t think the clothing matters. I think changes in his personal life and body matter far more– he’s growing up and it’s shaken his confidence. He’ll adapt, just give him time. Even Federer isn’t perfect 100% of the time (and I don’t think you can blame it on his sleeves!).

• mary says:

But I can blame it on the weather. It’s way too bloody cold in London this time of the year. They should’ve played it here in sunny Oz(Aus). It is permantly summer here, well in some parts anyway.

5. sia says:

I too think he needs to go home and bask in a little Spanish sunshine (it may not be really hot but it should at least be sunny and warmer). I looove those white shorts!! ;).

6. mary says:

Btw, those towels don’t look half bad. I wonder if he is collecting any?

• aRafaelite says:

That little exchange about stealing the towels during one of the on-court interviews with Jim Courier last year at the AO was one of my favourite moments of the tourney! Loved that he asked Fed the same thing the next day and he played along too.

• aRafaelite says:

Oops, sorry THIS year! Seems like so long ago got carried away!

• mary says:

Every match he played he was nicking towels. It got the best of Jim Courier in the end & he had to ask. Rafa wait till you see the new AO towels!!! More to add to the already bulging collection. :)

7. Eliana says:

He just needs to go to the red clay of his land. He’s like Scarlett O’Hara in “Gone with the Wind”, only that for Scarlett instead of red clay it was just red soil :). I think the clay will help him strengthen his game and level his head. At least that’s my hope for him-love him so much!

8. fae says:

He looked so sad and annoyed when walking off court last night I have never been so intense and upset just watching him and the pain he must have felt,mentally, during that match, the way he bereated himself throughout the mis fired shots, but I have to say towards the end, that explosive tennis that rafa brings to the courts was coming through just too too late!!! My heart was raciing throughout that 2nd set after he broke davy back to even the set! No other player does this to me!!! I love you Rafael Nadal!!!

I just remembered, looking at the shirt change photo, that I miss the bonus shirt-off-striptease-and-put-on-a-jacket at the end of a Rafa victory.

• nic says:

Hahaha totally. That was a sight for sore eyes every match he proceeded on to. Sigh. Too yum. Hate the ads here in between, they take away from my shirt-change moments.

10. dutchgirl says:

LOL on the “Oh look. The floor is blue.” caption.