WTF: RR1 match photos

Photos by Julian Finney/Getty Images, CARL DE SOUZA/AFP/Getty Images, Clive Brunskill/Getty Images, GLYN KIRK/AFP/Getty Images, and REUTERS/Stefan Wermuth

1. kefuoe says:

First of all, super moody photos! It look like they are playing in a cave.

Second, re #16– The shirt (versus the sweatband) wipe is clearly meant to create a distraction. I guess Soderling didn’t succumb. I did, though.

2. dutchgirl says:

I just realized that I missed the shirt change during the match! How this is possible, I don’t know.

• Necitas Garin says:

You should stop looking cute and sexy. It’s not terrifying the enemies. You’re really looking very good, Rafa! ‘Wonder why?

Please don’t tell him what to do with those sweat bands! When I look at that picture Rafa’s tummy makes me think about my nan’s home baked cinnamon loaf. Both are yummy! ;)

4. cookie says:

After seeing the last photo of the handshake, I think I know why Soderling was so exuberant in celebrating his victory on court~ who would not feel genuinely complimented by kind words from Rafa, even in the face of defeat? (But somehow I had a strong urge to make Rafa use hand sanitizer after that moment).

5. mary says:

I think that last pic shows alot of emotion from both men. Sod seems to express respect this time. Of course Rafa is always complimentary to his opponent when he loses. But it is nice to see. Maybe I might find some respect for Sod if he continues to behave in this manner.

6. mary says:

Btw, don’t you just love that back(hand)side in pic 2. Bitable, lickable Rafa-arse-ible. Oh, I wanna just jump right through my screen to get to that edible arse. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *touches pic on screen, feels whoozie*

7. cookie says:

Mary, I think you and CC were hungry when posting today! (But I do agree!) Now where are those smelling salts? ;D

8. rafandready says:

Great pics! It’s so funny – when you see these kind of pictures all the time you expect your own to come out the same, crystal clear and close up, and it’s a huge disappointment when they come out kind of rubbish. The adrenaline shake doesn’t aid matters LOL!

I like seeing the emotions come out. It means that he’s trying and that he wants it bad, but so when he doesn’t get the wanted result he’s disappointed with himself. That fire and passion inside Rafa is still burning strong.