WTF? It’s media day [Updated]

Some of the first pictures from media day are out. I have a feeling there will be more to follow. But this will get us started.

Photos by Julian Finney/Getty Images, AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth, and CARL DE SOUZA/AFP/Getty Images

Updated – more photos

And here’s a huge ass version of one of the group photos.

1. Nattie says:

YAY!! All the boys! Holy crap! This makes me know why I’m a tennis fan. Love the last pic the most with Rafa looking up…

2. Ch F says:

Ok I don’t know where to start. Obviously, Rafa is the most elegant of them all ;-) I really like the pics with Roger. Rafa has this priceless calm and humble expression. Vamos Rafa, please let it click for you and show them all!

Hah, I was just checking some of these pics out elsewhere, miri. My initial reaction was to chuckle and say “Oh, great…”. Bless’em all in their suits and ties.

Talk about literally having stepped out of the shower and into a suit, Rafa. Didn’t your mum tell you not to go outside with wet hair in winter?! ;)

• dutchgirl says:

The wet hair made me laugh. So typical Rafa, making his appearance right out of the shower, not caring about it at all.

• mary says:

Wet hair or gel CC? All very formal in their suits aren’t they. Looks rather Pompous & British to me!! The colonial rebel in me stirring again. Down, down, keep with the ‘colm’ mary. I guess it’s just tradition. I honestly think in most of the picks Rafa looked uncomfortable. He looked rather stiff.
      Love the last pic. Fed & murray both looking at Rafa thinking negative thoughts from the looks & Rafa looking to the heavens for inspiration. Rather confusing!!!!

• natch says:

I loved them all in their suits. Just like little boys at a wedding.
        Great way to start a weekend!

• Rafangel says:

Mmmmm so good to see him in a decent suit for once (not shiny or baggy or some weird shade of shiny donkey grey brown thing) *slobber* He looks SOOOO good in a suit. Lol, Mary, be nice, there are lots of Brits here you know ;) he always looks stiff, he hates these photo shoots – I do hope he never gets suave and actor-ish. Bless.

• natch says:

CC,
      I don’t even OWN a hairdryer! Or a brush.
      I DO have a comb, though. But it’s wide-toothed. My hair sees it once a day. :P

• Ch F says:

Is it me or does his hair get drier by the picture???

4. Mary says:

These are adorable! They all look so sharp. :)

5. emir says:

the pictures look silly to me to be honest…whats is the point of wearing the same suit like sheeps….roger putting his finger in to his nose funny….

6. sunset says:

The pics put a smile on my face. E.g. the second one, a simple little pose of holding an umbrella can be very telling of the different personalities each player has. It makes me like each of them more (even Sod–yes, even him).

Gosh, Rafa’s dreamy look in pic ten is killing me… It’s kinda bittersweet, no?

8. loverafa4ever says:

I luv the way the middle four guys look. Rafa being the most handsome of the lot. Nole is looking funny with that umbrella… hehe… Very nice.. I hope these four guyz make it to the semis… and 2 and 4 play the finals… and 2 being the WT champion and year end number 1.

9. johanne says:

I think they all look good in a suit! Rafa’s pants look really great on him, dang. And they also seem to be the most pressed of them all, which is weird considering it’s Rafa. LOL ;)

10. miri says:

More photos added

And here’s a huge ass version of one of the photos.

11. An says:

Aaaaawwww, pic 22…. there goes my heart

12. Sofia says:

These, are without question, the best pictures ever:)

Mwhahahaaa…pic 19, how bored are they?!
    And pic 22, Rafa in school uniform. Suits him. You’re in after school detention with me, in the stationery cupboard NOW, Rafa… ;)

14. mary says:

Yep last pic definitely come to bed eyes & he knows it (or he ought to). Anytime, anywhere Rafael. It’ll be our secret (finger pursed to lips). I only tell a couple of my friends on NN ok!

15. Rafangel says:

Isn’t it bizarre that Rafa looks little in that group? And poor old Kolya looks positively midgetty.

16. faeaki 7 says:

hah these are funny lol love the ones of Roger and Rafa together, the sod sure looks grim in these pics, cheer up mate it may never happen, nice touch with the umbrellas, very fitting next to London bus! can’t wait till Friday!

They do look like a bunch of private school boys getting their class photo.

Luv the photo of Fed asking Rafa to babysit for him so Mirka can attend his matches.

Just watched Murray on cnn’s world sport where Murray said he appreciated Rafa complimenting him (Rafa said Murray was at Nole’s level) and again said that Rafa has and is still his favourite player to watch play. Hope Murray has recovered from the groin or wrist injury that he had.

18. patzin says:

Rafa looks quite young in these photos and in the group pix looks to me like he would rather be somewhere else.

19. Carol says:

Jesus – with all the money that the ATP rakes in, can’t they get the trousers hemmed properly for these top guys? It looks like a last minute rush to the hire shop! Even Nando looks dubious.

OK, I’m British and perhaps look at the formal thing from a particular viewpoint, but I do know what a good fitting suit should look like – especially if it’s something bespoke and made with love and care by a craftsman. (my Dad was reaaly anal about his suits – but he did get it right).

Umbrellas…why didn’t they add the bowler hats and we’d have had a group of Steeds (The Avengers…remember, some of you at least?)

• Carol says:

Oh and Nando’s coat is about two sizes two big for him – Kolya is the one who looks *sartoriously* best here (Stop picking your nose, Roger!)But Rafa’s still the lovliest *sigh*

Hmm, notice he’s never next to the Sod in the photos *evil grin* – may Monday be sweet revenge Rafa…

20. Trish says:

I think that Rafa and Nole look the best. Fernando — what happened? And Roger looks like he is hunched over and has a gut. Davydenko — jacket looks a little loose in the body area. Anyway, generally, I think it is a nice photo. It is nice to see them dressed up once in awhile!