Paris: Doubles video

Fan video of Rafa and Pico playing doubles. Here’s one part – look in shelly9141‘s stream for the rest:

I love how Rafa’s all, “I want to hit! I want to hit!” when they are picking on Pico. And the slow measured retreat back from the net followed by the “oh shit!” run back to it cracks me up.

1. Sapphireswell says:

I wish they made it further and we had more chances to see the awesome duo. *sigh*

Side Note: It might just be the video, but how is the constantly flashing “Suez Environment” sign not disturbing anyone (mostly the audience and person filming)? I feel a seizure coming on!

2. johanne says:

Rafa is so quick on the court! I like how he looks so in-charge when he & Pico are talking in the beginning. So bossy at 0:20… I LOVE IT!!

Yes, and the fact that Pico doesn’t seem too impressed with what Rafa’s saying makes it even better, no?

Thanks miri. I’ll be looking forward to watching No.1-8 when I get home fm work tonight.

4. Nana says:

Thanks! Great to see some doubles which are never shown anywhere.

BTW, I miss rafa in that t-shirt. I am growing wearing of the green polo…

5. Eliana says:

Vid#2 where he start to put the grip on his racket DURING the coin toss-c’mon man, couldn’t you do that in the locker room, LOL!!!

Vid #6, Rafa’s sooo sweet when asking for another water bottle. Really bugs me that people still say bad things about Rafa, when you see that he treats everybody with so much courtesy and respect.

Vid #8 is really funny, how Rafa is like a little puppy waiting for somebody to throw him a ball to fetch-cuteness to infinity!!

• Atch2 says:

Rafa is always nice to the ballkids. Luved the squinty wink as he asks for another bottle of water.

After Rafa missed a passing shot to his left he looked so pissed off, and I was trying to catch some swearing but couldn’t read his lips.

And that puppy-dog-I-want-to-hit-face is too Rafadorable. I was so pained to see him so eager to hit something that I wish someone could’ve just thrown a ball on court for Rafa to hit.

Luv Pico’s retro cool hair.

Ha, haaa… Rafa’s “I want to hit”-face is priceless: “OK, I wait for other one…and other one…and other one…”
    They’re like two little trolls.

7. An says:

Great vid, great quality… Wanna go look the other parts right away but can’t or i’ll be late for work.
    Another day ahead with Rafa on my mind;)

8. mary says:

I think I’m gonna watch them all again.
    He cracks me up, Pico is jiggling ready to rumble & Rafa hasn’t even finished his coffee break. Something distracting you in the locker room Rafa? I bet tio toni was happy you came on court all prepared. :)

It’s interesting to see the Rafa playing doubles and the Rafa playing singles is quite different. His routine and tics are minimal (1 drink bottle, no constant towelling, no jumping at the coin toss, no rituals before the serve etc) and he seems a bit more relaxed, but he always has his game face on whenever he’s competing.

• An says:

Hah, i think the drinking less and no constant towelling probably has more to do with not not sweating so much as in singles;)
      But youre right he seams more relaxed, you can see he feels less pressure then in singles!

That he hat to fetch a new grip on the racket already on court totally cracks me… I would have loved to sit next to Tio Toni on that mo! :D

And Rafa wearing his cap for the doubles ( see how i made a bridge to stay on toppic to share with you that my Rafa hat arrived today, yeah!!!! )

• Sam says:

Rafa hat!?!?? What, where, how, who….do you mean a ‘Fundacion Nadal’ hat??? Oh god I WANT ONE!!!!

• Emma says:

He’s definitely much looser, and doesn’t look half so ferocious playing doubles – lovely to see, he is obviously doing it for the more fun side of tennis. Bit weird just watching him though without being able to see the whole of the court, made me feel a bit stalker ish, and I couldn’t appreciate the shots properly. V grateful for the filming though, else we would not have seen this at all.

The hats are the ones with the bull logo. Mine came last week from America, and it was left with the neighbours who read the customs note on the front and were like, “You ordered a cap from America that cost more than it’s worth in postage????” They just didn’t get the Rafa-love. #Sigh#

It’s great though. The cap. And the Rafa-love of course.

10. Sam says:

Well that’s a far cry from the Saturday afternoon doubles that goes on at my club! ;-)
    But its no wonder Rafa and Pico lost….look at Rafa’s left sock…its FAR too high!!!! (yikes!) LOL