Paris: R32 photos

Photos by Clive Rose/Getty Images, JACQUES DEMARTHON/AFP/Getty Images, and REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen

1. An says:

At least the pics are beautifull as always!

2. killian says:

Where’s the fluff in the scruff??? :D

Oh, it’s there, in pic 10. I thought it was shaving gel first! And then snot. Before I realised it was fluff. Only Rafa… ;)

3. sunset says:

Rafa looks somewhat pale in these pictures. Needs lots of sun tan back home on a boat after the Davis Cup.

• Atch2 says:

I kept thinking that during the match. He looked pale/whiteist like he had a fever or something. I hope it was the indoor lighting.

• mary says:

I agree. Can’t speculate but his colour & the way he played indicates he wasn’t himself. Come to mama & I will make you all comfy. Well maybe not! :)

• Denizen says:

I think it’s the lighting, since other players (such as Federer) looked washed out.

I also saw the fluff on some other players. Weird!

Glad today’s done and dusted.

4. SheIsBlessed says:

Just my opinion but with the weight loss I think Rafa’s loss some speed and reaction timing. He looks really pale and frail in these pictures, I don’t understand.

• sunset says:

He looks better in motion rather than in pictures, at least for today’s match. From this video showing the highlight of the match, there is no sign of loss of speed or reaction timing. Of course these are his finest moments in the match, saving 5 match points and all:

He is mentally stressed for sure but physically I think he just needs a tan.

• Atch2 says:

At the end of the vid there’s a sweet shot of Xisca going to hug Nico’s girlfriend.

Hope u got some good rest before tonight’s match Rafa.

5. faeaki7 says:

Rafa did look really bad I mean he looked feverish and so pale, he’s tennis was appauling, I had to switch over I couldn’t watch him like that, it was painful, when I returned to see that he had won the tie-break in the 2nd set I couldn’t believe and then to win, well I watched the commentary afterwards and they said it all, Rafa does what he does best he wins with his heart! geez Rafa whats going on? he is really scaring me,

I’m pretty sure it’s the indoor light and the amount Rafa sweats that make him look “pale” and “feverish”.
    He does look so slim though. Eat some buns, lad!

7. An says:

Yeah its the indoor light and the white balance off the camera’s if you ask me that makes him look pale! Look at the “i played bad” interview, pretty normal coulour there iyam.