Facebook updates: Nov 9

Rafa posted a flurry of Facebook updates today. First up, a summary of what he’s been up to:

Estoy en el torneo donde acabo de terminar de entrenar. Me voy ahora al hotel a descansar un poco ya que el entrenamiento fue temprano (a las 8). Esta tarde me dan el premio de la academia de deportes francesa | I am at the tournament site. Just finished practice. Back to the hotel in a bit since I want to rest. Very early practice (at 8 am). Tonight I go to receive the French Award of Sports.

Then he posted a link to a video: Raul Quijano Miss You.

An update on his doubles schedule:

Juego el dobles manana al final… | In the end I play doubs tomorrow …

And lastly, he mentioned the “Best of Us” challenge for the Olympics:

Mirad esto | Have a look at this…

I think Rafa is enjoying the feedback and interaction with his fan so much that he’s more active with his updates. Luv it.

Whats’s a widget?

• sombina says:

Rafa (or someone in his team) recently changed the setting of the fb page so fans could write on his wall. Before that, it was not possible. Good idea, whoever is responsible! Also the fans have been posting pictures to his site, now it’s 3728 pictures. Phew!

The page is so full of Rafalove from his fans around the world. I regularly visit it myself, as a member of the Rafa cult on fb. And of course to write some modest declarations of eternal love and worshipping… ;-)

• Yaritza says:

Definitely it’s great that he has the wall. I wrote on it on my Birthday, last Wednesday and he (or someone from his team) commented on my wall post. He said “Feliz cumple!” which means Happy Birthday! in Spanish. I can’t begin to describe how good it felt when I was checking my e-mail and I read one that said Rafael Nadal has just commented on your wall post. I didn’t believe it at first, and then I checked and read the comment next to his profile pic. Awesome! It was a great birthday present for me and I’ll never forget it!

2. sunset says:

Sharing songs with others might not be as easy as it seems for someone with a reserved nature, which more or less describes Rafa. Very happy to see him open his heart a little bit more and am enjoying it while he is allowing it.

Never mind those Zombies chasing ya—be they fears, doubts, or heartbreaks—we are on your side and will grab your hand and take you away in a heartbeat when you need it. Just drop all your burdens, get on the court, give the best you have and set yourself free. Vamos and best of luck in Paris!

They’re playing “Ett, två, tre stjärna” at the beginning of that video. Great game!

• An says:

I know, my favourite game when i was a little girl!!

And Rafa, Aaaahhh Miss U too… I’ll take the car now and be over in 4hours, Ok?

• Nic says:

CC I love ur avatar pic! Spotted it on the Paris masters site as part of an ad. Where can I actually get a copy of that?! I need to have it!