Paris doubles draw

Photo by Hamish Blair/Getty Images Europe

Photo by Hamish Blair/Getty Images Europe

The doubles draw is out and Rafa will be playing with Juan Monaco. They played together in Paris last year as well – getting to the QFs before Rafa had to pull out. You can see the draw here.

1. patzin says:

Sounds like a nice pairing.

2. Eliana says:

Don’t know, but it seems that his doubles draw is much more tougher than the singles! But happy about the pairing, Rafa and Pico are sooo dreamy :)

AHHHH!!! He’s playing doubles!!! I WISH they would show doubles matches on telly/online. So great to watch. And if Rafa’s playing with Pico, then…extra entertaining!

4. Delta says:

A good sign, no? He wants more “court time” so good omen, has the intensity to take back Paris, granted it’s not the FO, but different day, different circumstances, and will win back the Parisian crowd. He’s w/colm and “anything’s possible”! Btw;- Miri do you sell “with colm” in mens long sleeve cotton? Love that slogan, as describes him to a tee.
    Late nights for most of us, but were all “Rafa deprived” so a little “sleep deprived”, so be it. Positivity here NN fans.

5. An says:

LOVE that he’s playing doubles….
    Tells me that he’s feeling “100% perfect” physically and that he has trust in the body!
    Anything can happen then:)

VAMOS RAFA and PICO!

Rafa and Pico will look adorably cheeky together. Looking forward to seeing them play, even on youtube, and as to what adidas and nike can come up with in a few days to make them look like a team.

I know Rafa and Pico are best buds, but another Spanish-Argentinian pairing that would be fun is Rafa-Del Po.

7. Nada H. T says:

wow .. I love this :)

I always thought that Monaco is a nice young player

IT would be Awsome towatch them together !

Vamos RAFA TEAM ;)

8. mary says:

God I wanna be there. Me thinks Rafa wants Paris & especially Barclays in London. He is hungry for match play. Hope he & Monaco surprise everyone & flogg their opponents into the ground (was gonna say oblivian but thought that was a bit harsh). :) :-D
    Vamos Rafa, mucho espera con ilusion!

9. sia says:

Yeah, Pico and Rafa together always inspires naughty thoughts.
    Rafa probably wants to play dubs here because it is great practice for an “inside the court – serve and volley” type of play.

• natch says:

“Yeah, Pico and Rafa together always inspires naughty thoughts.”
      Agreed. My first thought was, “I thought Don Juan would be playing with a hooker.” ;)
      But then, I thought some more, and thought that if I were given a choice between *playing* with a hooker or Rafa…I’d choose Rafa, too. ;)

I thought Rafa’a facebook say he’s playing today? But there’s nothing in the oop.

• An says:

Hi Atch 2.
      He said that 8 hours ago and he’s in Europe time now and its 19.17 hours over here at the moment, so… tomorrow means thuesday:)

Originally, he had indicated he was going to play doubles today, but that appears to have changed. He will be the last day match on center court tomorrow.

• Atch2 says:

Center Court. Cool! which means I get a chance to watch it on a TV!

And from the OOP the whole Armada fleet are playing today as well.

Dear Sky Sports,
    I have only ever had good things to say about you (*crosses fingers behind back*). Please show the Rafa/Pico doubles match today and you will make my day, my week, my year!

What is the reason for Sky Sports AND TennisTV, that I PAY for, both show the same match from last year, instead of showing Rafa playing doubles on Centre Court?!?!?!

BUM, is all I have to say to that!!!

• An says:

I know i should not have left Paris again this morning…:) should have known better then trusting to find a life stream to watch it..

• Atch2 says:

I’m really pissed. Why show a repeat of last yrs final when there is a perfectly interesting match live? I’ve stayed up for over an hour now hoping they will cut to live action, but it’s 1.18am and I am going to sleep if they’re not showing Rafa and Pico.

13. An says:

I know we should not comment on a match here but i now realise that the chat is gone… So maybe i can say one thing
    I’m following live score and they’re in the 3rd set… Rafa is def buying himself as much court time as he could get ( lost 2nd set 5-7 ).

3rd is going to be super tie-breaker i guess.

• Atch2 says:

Well I couldn’t help but stay to watch the live scores. Rafa and Pico lost :( but Rafa got good match practice. Pico is unlucky though cos he plays first day match against Nole tomorrow.
      Nite Nite.

• sunset says:

What was the schedule all about, putting Pico on a single AND a double match on the same day then letting him play first day match on the next? I was not able to watch the match but couldn’t help wondering if the fatigue factor played a role in the result of the double match for Pico.
        Best of luck for both Rafa and Pico tomorrow then.