Filiming new Balearic Islands promo

Filming promo

Filming promo

Looks like Rafa has filmed a new promo for the Balearic Islands. You can view and download a copy of the “making of” video here Click on the “Descargar Making Of” and download the .zip file. The promo is inside the zip in a folder named “promo2010”.

Pictures from the filming session can be found here.

1. Rogue says:

Miri, when I clicked on the link provided in your post, a video automatically stared to play (shots of Rafa getting touched up, swinging a golf club ,sitting on a bike, etc.)

Is that the same video I’d get if I download the .zip?

2. dutchgirl says:

Heh, funny to see Rafa on a bike!

3. Carol says:

Yum, love the lime green shirt and white shorts!

OK, I know he’s getting paid for this, but you’ve got to love Rafa for his patience with being primped, prodded and posed…especially as I bet he’d rather be out on a golf course than in the studio :-)

I’m telling ya’ll, the older photos of Rafa from this campaign that greet you at Palma airport do look pretty cheesy. Looking at this, they don’t look like they are going to turn out much better.
    When will they realise that we want a bronzed Rafa, unaware that he’s being photgraphed, coming out of the turquoise waves, having very suitably forgotten to put his swim shorts on before he went in…?! Oh, what I’d pay to see those bum cheeks covered in sand…
    Now THAT would bring people to the Balearics, no?

• An says:

Yes, that kind off a pic would made me leave right away!

• natch says:

“we want a bronzed Rafa, unaware that he’s being photgraphed, coming out of the turquoise waves, having very suitably forgotten to put his swim shorts on before he went in”
      *books flight to islands*

What? They DIDN’T do that?
      *asks for refund*

“Oh, what I’d pay to see those bum cheeks covered in sand…”
      And then rub certain parts of your own body on those cheeks. Am I right? Wait, wait…*gets in line next* I want a turn! ;)

Mmmm…I’d brush away the sand first, then…

*wakes up from daydreaming*

Hm, yeah, what was I doing? Oh, dinner!

Yup, that spaghetti was definitely not al dente. Thanks natch. ;)

• natch says:

“I’d brush away the sand first”
            Oh, not me. Natch likey a little friction. ;)

“Yup, that spaghetti was definitely not al dente. Thanks natch.”
            Ewwww. Sorry, CC. There is not much worse than overcooked pasta. Hopefully, you just threw out the spaghetti, tossed the sauce on your hubby and licked if off.
            Tell your husband he doesn’t need to thank me, but I do enjoy a lovely bouquet of flowers. ;)

• nic says:

Yeah the earlier one sure was cheesy. But don’t you guys remember that they recently filmed Rafa on a yacht (shirtless even, I think!) for the tourism ads as well? I’m sure Miri’s got it somewhere in here.

They seems to have covered every sport in this ad.

I never got to see the last Balearic Islands ad with open-short Rafa steering the yacht. Anyone got a link to that?

6. minerva1881 says:

I vote CC be brought in by Illes Balears Tourism to spearhead their Ad campaign – you really know how to dream up a scintillating picture!

7. miri says:

Another article about Rafa’s promotion of the Islands.