Rankings – October 12th

Oops, it’s been awhile since I’ve done a rankings post – that’s because there’s been no movement in the top 10 in a while. But, I figured I should get back on track, so here’s the current rankings.

Pos Name Points Pos Moved Tourns Played
1 Federer, Roger 11,255 0 19
2 Nadal, Rafael 8,945 0 18
3 Murray, Andy 8,390 0 19
4 Djokovic, Novak 7,740 0 22
5 Del Potro, Juan Martin 6,555 0 22
6 Roddick, Andy 4,830 0 21
7 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried 4,100 0 25
8 Davydenko, Nikolay 3,710 0 25
9 Verdasco, Fernando 3,400 0 23
10 Simon, Gilles 3,285 0 27

1. Manahil says:

Wasnt Novak supposed to reclaim da no. 3 spot after da china open win?

• Atch2 says:

That’s what I read but an article on tennistalk.com said

“Djokovic, set to pass Andy Murray for No. 3 in the world at the conclusion of next week, has a first-round bye.”

• Lynsey says:

Not yet. Murray’s Madrid points from last year come off next week, so Nole will be #3 next week

Yep – he has to wait until last year’s Madrid’s points drop. Murray won that, so 1000 points from Madrid will drop on Oct 19th. That’s when Djokovic will move up. His win in China just insured that will happen regardless of what happens this week.

Edit:
        Or, you know, what Lynsey said and managed to type faster than me :)

2. Manahil says:

Oh thanx..rafa has to careful abt him..novak’s on a hot streak at da moment n he may just becum a threat to da no 2 spot..I no im supposed to be just content wid da fact dat our boy’s fit n healthy (which God knows i am!!) but i wud luvv for rafa to finish dis dismal yr as no 2..vamos rafa..kick ass in Shanghai!!

3. patzin says:

If Rafi can make to the semi’s he won’t lose any pts this week. I could be wrong but he looks strong enough to keep #2 for year end.

4. faeaki 7 says:

Patzin I hope you are right. I long to see the ole Rafa again! Strong mentally and physically. I want to see him get that win from a high ranked player a top ten player and then this will get back his confidence! *prays for Rafa*

5. AineC says:

That would be a nice end to a pretty challenging year. He seems in good form in his presser so I’m thinking he’s feeling good. He’s certainly looking good…

6. mary says:

It will be interesting to see who will round out the top 8. I haven’t calculated the points that are to be dropped but so far it looks like a bit of a scramble for seeds 7 through to 12 They are fighting to stay or get into the top 8. These include –
    7 Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried (FRA) 4,100