Quarterfinal match photos

Photos by Feng Li/Getty Images, FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images, and GOH CHAI HIN/AFP/Getty Images.

More photos.

1. An says:

Uhm… Intresting position in pic 8…

Breath, Anna, breath… Oh no…
    *faints*

2. patzin says:

I like photo #11 – cute exchange between the two. Also like the fact that Rafa participated in the ceremony for Marat; not only with words but his presence hanging back until needed. He looked invested in the ceremony. Rafa as always was gracious about Marat being missed.

• teejustice says:

Very well put. He enjoyed and allowed Marat to have his moment. Our man knows how to handle himself in every situation it seems. Even when he says he did not know what to do, he does better than could be scripted (AO 09 final)

3. faeaki 7 says:

Yes just like the A/O final Rafa leaves the limelight for his opponent. Such a special person, the way he stays and honours Marat, was really nice.

4. vamsi says:

really amazing pics
    rafa always m,akes his opponent feel special

In response to the ‘I leave all my women to you young lad’ pic, I say Rafa doesn’t need any help getting women! He’s trying to repel them.

6. Nada H. T says:

I just love the quotation miri as much as i love the pics.

Just think, Rafa was shirtless under that jacket during the entire farewell ceremony.

• Eliana says:

Ha! Are you trying to kill me?!?! I just want to go through my computer screen and give Rafa oodles of kisses and hugs and other things that my mom told me not to say in public ;P. LOVE his face in photo 16, really gorgeous! And for Marat, he has the love and affection of a lot of fans, he really will be missed…

Oh, the bum in pic #2! I just want to grab it and fondle it, like SOOO MUCH!!!

And then the bit of blurry knee in the last pic makes me all hot and bothered. It really doesn’t take much.

Rafa looks teeny compared to Marat and considering the fact that Rafa probably isn’t a small chap, that must make Marat a giant. Scary.
    *shudders*

• An says:

Marat is big, yeah… probably close to 2.00m

But Rafa is, tought i would never use this term for Rafa but in this case it is a fact, average hight for a man. 1.85m.
      The first thing i ever tought seeing Rafa in real was: “Hey, he is smaller then i tought he would be..

9. Carol says:

In lurking in the background (17) Marat reminds me of a (better looking) David Beckham!