Sweaty, sweaty hot

Photo by Nike Sportswear via nymag.com

Photo by Nike Sportswear via nymag.com

SapphireSwell tweeted this NYMag article.

Sweats are having a moment. We first spotted the sweatpants trend picking up on the spring 2010 New York runways, and now Rafael Nadal and Kobe Bryant star in Nike’s new Nike Sportswear look book expressing solid machismo in the gym-friendly fabric. The tennis player and basketballer are among seven athletes in the new campaign shot by David Sims and styled by Karl Templer, and the products drop in stores today. And while we’re skeptical of embracing a trend that is typically seen on lazy college students who can hardly get dressed enough to walk two minutes across the quad, the way Nadal and Bryant wear the comfy cloth might just change our minds. Nadal is even wearing two sweatshirts. He must be hot in there! Yes, of course he is. Sweaty, sweaty hot.

1. Maru says:

I shall never forget the video of the *making the sweatshirt campaing*, too delicious for words.

2. Nic says:

I get the strong feeling that NYmag loves rafa. Recently did a rafa search on their site and went through everything they ever posted about him. Was lovely to see how they spotted his talent and sizzle early on and how it hit a crescendo in recent years. Ah rafa, I love it when people embrace you like this. They know a good thing when they see it.

3. johanne says:

Dang. I’ll never get tired of those hoodies pics.

It cracks me up when the media openly lusts after Rafa. Like those short intro videos on ESPN during the USO? They were basically drooling over his hotness lol.

Rafa, if ur’re feeling sweaty, sweaty hot in there, just take it off. Take as many layers off as u want. What ever makes u feel comfortable.

5. Carol says:

Waah! I can’t take so much hotness…and those *piercing* sizzling eyes… *Imagines Rafa getting sooo sweaty hot under the photographer’s lights, then stripping those sweats off*… I love a sweaty Rafa, me! ;-)

• Lee says:

Oh, I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing those photos of a sweaty Rafa stripping down. I never thought sweats could ever be tempting, and here he is, giving us the hotness!

6. Mim says:

“Sweaty, sweaty, hot”

It’s funny, but when I look at pics of Rafa in those sweats, I don’t think ‘sweaty and hot’.

I think ‘cuddly, warm, fuzzy, soft, comforting, safe, happy, snuggley, hugable, cuteness.’

!!!!!!!!

I think: wrap arms around the handsome, gorgeous, stud muffin of a Champion, that is undeniably and oh-so-naturally sexy in so many diverse ways. Melt into a puddle of gooeyness and sweat whenever he does anything Rafadorable, how can one person posses so much and be so much including unbelievably HOTT?!!!!!!! :O

…………..

o.k. What was my point again?

So I thought the words ‘sweat and hott’. But I DID say ‘hott’ with TWO t’s…NOT the same. I don’t care what you say.

Shut up.

7. faeaki 7 says:

I love sweaty Rafa too, but without the clothes of course! how more gorgeous can he ever get though! Love to see articles praising Rafa’s natural sexiness, infact I never get tired of hearing heaps of praise on Rafa.