[Updated] More training video…

…just a wee bit more training video. As johanne said when she sent it in, “GREAT Rafa faces in it.”

Posted by vamosrafelnadal.

Update: Updated to embed a higher quality video with Spanish subtitles…in case anyone feels like typing those up and running them through a translator. (Thanks, patzin.)

Update: Updated again to revert back to the original version of the video because vamosrafelnadal’s account was suspended. *sigh*

Update: Updated again again because vamosrafelnadal is back with a new account.

1. natch says:

Oh, goody. I get to translate. Here goes:

Rafa: I am looking at this tennis racquet and wishing it was CC. Also, where is Miri to take photos of me in the shower?
    Uncle Toni: Where’s Natch?
    Rafa: And my other Rafanatics? Why aren’t they here with me. I would feel so much better if they would all take turns rubbing me. Until I see them again, I will cry myself to sleep every night.
    Uncle Toni: Where’s Natch?
    Rafa: I must go on, no? But it’s just so hard not seeing my fans.
    Uncle Toni: Hit the ball like this. *demonstrates serve* Now, WHERE’S NATCH??

2. anna says:

sorry whay natch means and ans also what is cc…..also rafa paint his hair or something it wasnt as dark as before…….

• SapphireSwell says:

I was going to say, it looks like he used a bottle of Sun In when he went on vacation…

Or it could be bad lighting and not a lot of sweat.

• teejustice says:

His hair has been looking lighter. He still is completely delicious :)

I guess the hair just goes like that in the Summer, mine does too (if there is enough sunshine where I live).

• Atch2 says:

He does look abt 15/16 yrs here. I think the French air and water must make hair shrink and lighter, and our Rafa much much younger looking. Is there a fountain of youth there? Wouldn’t mind a dip in there with Rafa.

3. patzin says:

Sweet face

4. johanne says:

Oooh hell yeah! His funny faces are even clearer now! Too much cute! *melts*

5. teejustice says:

Here’s my best translation for the Spanish text from the video.

He’s recuperated his abdominal but is starting at zero because the tear forces him to change the way he serves to not strain the abdominal

The laughter and good vibes are justifications that the injury (is in the) past.

I have no pain. The tests say that everything is very good although it is clear that I can pinch a little but we can say the injury is practically healed

Today I began training a little the serve (kick gesture) more than anything to see how it is and the truth its going well. Now will try to finish the year as best as possible and prepare good for start next year with strength

The next commitment starts next week in Beijing. A destination that is still in the air. (The Spaniard/Manacori) will submit to a review tomorrow to see the actual state of the injury and if everything is correct Nadal goes on Thursday to Asian giant (Beijing).

I think I will go. I think I will go.

Davis Cup is an important objective. This year I played first round, after I had bad luck and could not be in the two following and I hope I am in the final to contribute to winning it another time.

When I click to watch, it says “This video has been removed due to terms of violation”. What did you do to it? ;)

Refresh the page – vamosrafelnadal’s account was suspended which means a ton of embedded vids on this site won’t work anymore. *sigh*

Ah, thought we had been licking the screens too much or something.

But yeah…that’s annoying, to say the least.

8. patzin says:

Sorry about the ‘updated’ version disappearing so quickly. I don’t understand YouTube and why videos, esp this one, was removed. Didn’t think it would be a copyright issue.

Not your fault, thank you for posting it in the first place! :)

• Shania says:

Thank you for uploading it to begin with! Is it possible you could upload that version to someplace like Megaupload? It was just so high quality and Rafa looked gorgeous. :P Thanks in advance!

9. An says:

Aaaawwww, i didnt get to see the updated version before, see, sleeping is a waste off time :)

Thanks for translating, good to hear that its almost healed and he feels no pain but worrying that he must adjust his service move for it… but he will manage.

So we can await a decission about going to Beijing today..
    *holds breath an fingers crossed that he’s okay enough to go*

10. rafaholic says:

I wish all these rafantics would talk more about Rafa’s tennis than his body gzzzzzzz.

FunnyFace Rafa is Rafadorable.

Shy Maymo and his notebook is also cute. Is that Rafa’s friend Tomeu hitting with him? cos he’s sweet looking too.

12. faeaki 7 says:

aWH Rafa’s funny face at 0.42 is special, he is so handsome when he smiles and that one is so goofy! He seems to be in good spirits, hope he can serve well, great vids thanks seeing Rafa smile in the morning always picks me up…

13. Rafafan says:

I think our boy is getting stubborn again and not learning from before. Practically healed is not the same as definitely healed and therefore he shouldn’t go as much as we all want him there! He needs to be 100% physical condition no?

Starting the serve from zero – yes a bit worrying. Isn’t like starting from scratch in tennis. Well it could be loads of aces and easy points yippee or a la Shaparova – oh hell that would be of concern.

Love the vid – god I melted when he giggled at 0.42 – 0.44. What does molt suau en… Rafel! mean and he says gracies (thank you)

Also how cheeky he looks at 0.57 and I love it at 1.03. Can you imagine if he broke out in lots of smiles and giggles during his matches (remember the smile at Queens) instead of the beasty look. I think all his fans will have fainted. He is so gorgeous. He looks cute and cuddly and yeah like a teenager with the short hair but he remembers the older woman with his unshaven bits. A boy, teenager, man, model, sexy, steamy animal for all ages no?

14. Rafafan says:

Found this quote on vamos brigade.com under breaking news. There was also another gorgeous bit of training to add to the others. I think it was Rafa 290909 but can’t upload it

“The injury still bothers me a bit, but is almost healed. Knees no longer hurt.

I’m starting to practice the serve. I shall try my best and make good preparations to begin in Beijing with force. I think I’ll go, go and dispute with the tournament.

The Davis Cup is one of the major objectives, I tried to be in all the playoffs, I hope to be in the final and to win “

15. vamsi says:

*edited* – no. Off topic.

16. miri says:

And….it looks like vamosrafelnadal is back. *so confused*

Mmm… I think Rafa’s hair in the first seven seconds of that clip is the cutest I have ever seen it. Looove the sweaty curls. Yum. Yum. Yum.

18. Ch F says:

Great to see Rafa back to practice! Such an inspiring thing to happen to the world of tennis!! But he doesn’t look too much at ease with his -newly found- serve; makes me worry because it wasn’t his great weapon to begin with and now it seems to be even more problematic. Hopefully his abds are ok by anyone’s standards and not only by his own!!

Anyway. Vamos.

19. patzin says:

In the interview in the red shirt, his eyes and voice are mesmerizing to me. The eyes are the window to the soul, they say. I’m glad this version is back.

Pls pls someone tell me why 15yr old Rafa is blowing lines on his strings? (CC, stop imaging the racket is u)
    Hope it’s not a new routine before every serve, or else we will get many time violations.