Back from vacation and ready to practice

Photo by Beth Wilson

Photo by Beth Wilson

According to Rafa’s official site, he’s returned from a relaxing vacation and is ready to resume practicing.

After a couple of days of rest, Rafa Nadal will be back training today in Mallorca for what will be the preparation of the end of the season.

The No.2 tennis player in the world, together with his childhood friends enjoyed a week of relaxation in the Côte d’Azur (located in the French Riviera), before heading to Monte Carlo, which is one of Rafa’s favourite places to visit in the world.

His visit to the famous and prestigious city was a lot more especial than usual because he got to spend time enjoying its life and spectacular scenery instead of concentrating only on his tennis and stressing out about results.

During his stay, he was invited to the Monaco Yacht show by the organizers of the event, where he got the chance to see one of the most beautiful and luxurious yachts in the Principality.

Rafa’s plan (subject to change) is to travel to Beijing this week.

1. Mary from Cincinnati says:

Best idea ever to send him to the French Riviera and Monaco! The Paparazzi are not all over him there and I’m sure he had a fabulous time! (One of my very favorite places in the World…)

Nice to hear Rafa relaxing with his buddies.
    Probably a lot of beach football, and getting rid of any tan lines fm the US Season.
    Who’s massaging ur tummy Rafa coz I’m guessing ur buds aren’t going to do it for u?

• Carol says:

Bet a lot of PS too! That won’t hurt unless he gets too carried away!! Good for you Rafa.

Wonder if he was seriously looking for a boat at the yacht show, or if he was invited along as a “celeb”?

3. dk says:

Does anyone know why is he planning to play Beijing 500 rather than
    Shanghai 1000? I thought he was going to pick his tournaments carefully
    with all his (knee and other) injuries…?

I’m pretty sure he plans on playing both as long as he’s healthy. The Beijing tournament will fulfill the “one 500 post USO” requirement.

• dk says:

But wasn’t the issue too much wear and tear because of too much playing time? I though he would selectively play in Shanghai Masters, Paris Masters and then the Masters Cup in London…
        otherwise, we’ll hear that his knees are hurting because he played too much… I don’t understand…

• Atch2 says:

I think Rafa will try to play Beijing and Shanghai etc bec he committed to them a while back, and he is happy with his knees, and now just waiting for the abs to heal. The US hardcourt season and tournaments following are like a new start of the season Rafa bec of the 2mth layoff had for the knees. I’m sure he wants to get some match practice and momentum heading into Masters London.

But if the abs hasn’t completely healed and Rafa will likely attend the Madrid Olympic bid in Copenhagen on 2 Oct, he may give Beijing a miss.

2010 will be the year of selective tournaments. I’m praying it be so.

Hm…I’m sure Rafa said something along the lines of “holidays in Monaco don’t interest me” not so long ago, no? Liar, liar… ;)

5. vamsi says:

nice to see rafa back
    the pic is awesome
    man rafa is going really stylish
    he is lokking like a real model

6. Peggyn says:

This is pure speculation on my part but do you think Benito is encouraging him to have an official residence in Monte for tax reasons? His other charge, Novak Djokovic, lists MC as his residence. Just wondering.

Benito is his PR guy, not finance guy – given that Rafa’s image is so closely tied to Mallorca, it wouldn’t be a good PR move for him to leave it now. And I doubt anyone who lobbies hard for Rafa to move from Mallorca would remain on staff for long. ;)

7. Mim says:

“The Paparazzi are not all over him there and I’m sure he had a fabulous time!”

“I’m very glad I didn’t see any paparazzi photos during the vacation.”

Why is that? Because:

“holidays in Monaco don’t interest me” -Rafa

Intelligent man our Rafa :D

Vamos! I hope you had a wonderfully fantastic time with your friends. May you heal 100% so that you can enjoy doing what you love most! Good luck with your practicing. HAVE FUN! Lots of love, encouragement, support and well wishes from all of your fans. <3 <3

8. natch says:

OMG, that photo! THAT PHOTO!!!!
    *faints*
    *revives, tries to read article*
    *eyes wander back to photograph*
    *faints again*

9. natch says:

Here, of course. I think I’ve only been to Rafa’s site maybe twice. I sure wouldn’t know how to get there without googling it. I’m not much of an internet person.

Next year, I’m getting you locker room access!

*daydreams*

2010 USO Locker Room
    Miri: (official photo pass around neck) Sorry, boys, but this is part of the ATP’s drug policy. I’ve got to record you nude from all angles to make sure you aren’t *enhanced*. Those of you that are *enhanced*, natch will be waiting for you in the physio room, to receive your *sanctions*. Rafa, I’ll be photographing you in the shower. I’m sorry, but it’s for the calendar Adam Helfant wants to put out. He was stampeded by a group of Rafanatics who insisted. Start by taking your shirt off first, no? Now put this oil on. Alright, now your shorts. Slowly. Why? Uhhh…because…because of the speed of the film? Yes, that’s it. Now, put more oil on. Don’t worry, I’ll help you wash it off in the shower. Why don’t we head there now?…

*comes to*

WHY didn’t I think of this earlier??!!
    *cries*

Heh, I can tell because there’s a link to Rafa’s site in the post. ;)

As for the rest of it… Um. I’m at work, so not commenting.

• An says:

And you want to let us believe that you get some work done with a description of that kind of a situation before youre eyes???

Not buying!

• natch says:

You know what is so funny? All the boys made fun of me all summer because I didn’t bring my laptop. It never occurred to me that I would have time. Or even that I could still connect to the internet. Or that a person could do it while they were at work. Then they found out I didn’t know they made disposable video cameras. (Honestly, I thought they were still big and around $1,000!) They were merciless.

But they were really sweet, too, because they showed me how to cover the parts of the hotel door you can videotape through.

OK, you guys do the locker room check. I will do the late night hotel room visit. Don’t expect me back until after breakfast (in bed).

• Carol says:

Of course all results have to be verified and QC’d (quality control checked)so follow-up visits will be required… As one with technical experience in this area I volunteer to be a QP (qualified person) to undertake this rigorous task!!

Don’t worry, guys I will be so gentle…

10. faeaki 7 says:

I thought maybe he would go to Monaco because Novak resides there they have been quite well aquainted those two. Wasn’t Djokovic said to have been having dinner with Rafa at his house near Wimbledon before Rafa left? they had been talking in the lounge on site for hours too, just curious..

11. faeaki 7 says:

I thought maybe he would go to Monaco because Novak resides there they have been quite well aquainted those two. Wasn’t Djokovic said to have been having dinner with Rafa at his house near Wimbledon before Rafa left? they had been talking in the lounge on site for hours too..

• rafandready says:

Faeaki, I can tell you that Rafa and Nole were in the players lounge talking on the night that Rafa withdrew from Wimbledon because I was outside Wimbledon looking in! Seems so long ago now. Can’t wait for Rafa to be back and fully fit again, it has been a horrible year for him after it started out so well. We miss you Rafa!

12. Phyzzie says:

Do “friends” include Xisca??