Thailand is a go?

At least it is per this article. I don’t know how he can know for sure he can play until he has the test results…

1. Trish says:

I thought this was odd as well. Maybe it is just hype so they don’t lose any revenue?

Hm, makes me think that he’ll probably got to Thailand, enjoy the holiday and do all the promotional stuff. Then, if he feels OK, he’ll play. I guess he’d feel too bad about not turning up at all.

And who’d say no to a holiday in Krabi?

*crosses fingers for photo shoot with Rafa in speedos on beach*

• Atch2 says:

I think the Speedos r only for Xisca’s eyes.

But if anyone has any news abt Rafa’s med test results, pls share asap.

3. Carol says:

Nothing yet on the official site about the medical – perhaps the docs & Maymo are still analysing the results?

I agree with your thoughts CC – the Thais are being so enthusiastic over Rafa that I think, no, am sure he will honour this promotional commitment at least. After all, who else can used the personalised bath robes and towels?
    Imagines Rog unpicking the “Nadal” stitching and getting Mirka to re-embroider with F :-)

Bronzed sweaty Rafa in Speedos playing beach footie… *eyes glaze over, thud*
    Definitely one of very few men who could look good in these. On most of the blokes who (misguidedly) wear them, they look like a cruel joke against humanity :-)

4. mary says:

I would ignore all the hype until Rafa has had a chance to actually find out how long it is going to take to heal. Apparently he hadn’t even seen his personal doctor when the Davis cup started.!!!!!!

5. Marla says:

The announcers on TC during Davis coverage said Nadal has a 15mm tear in the right abdomen and said avg recov time 1.5 days per mm. Thought it would be a month; HOWEVER….Gimblestob was one of the announcers, so who knows?

6. loverafa4ever says:

Bangkok is 250… why does he want to play a 250 series?

• xta says:

i imagine it’s a good warmup for beijing, and 250 extra points wouldn’t hurt to give him a little more clearance above murray…he didn’t play the tournament last year, so whatever points he gets would be extra — he’s not defending any points there…

• naaz says:

I think he wants 2 ease into the action. He did mention that playing in Montreal & Cincinnati after 2 months lay-off wasn’t the right decision, he should have started with something smaller, so I guess that’s what he’s doing now.

• Ch F says:

I don’t get this. Why play Bangkok when he has no points to defend and his muscle tear needs a month to heal? He could rest a bit more and not risk anything at all…In my opinion, better not win 250 points now and be healthy for the big tournaments that matter a lot more.

• Serene says:

Well, we’re still waiting for his doctors’ opinion.

Guess 1 month was only speculation and what some ‘experts’ think but not what his doctors say. Hoping to know the results of his tests soon and praying that his abdominal injury is not serious.

• loverafa4ever says:

He doesnt have a lot of points to defend in this part of the season… So I think he shud rest and not bother much about his performance in this part of the season. But I guess he wants to do well at the ATP world Tour finals.. for that he might hav to prepare from now and be ready by playing a small tournament and getting gud results at the next two.

7. Ekattor says:

Rafa has pulled out of thai open. His doctors said he needs 2/3 wks rest. I cant post d link. But u can check it on turnament website or sky sports.

Confirmed in the Thai newspaper and official website as well:

I understand why he’s pulled out and agree that it’s the right decision, but boy am I disappointed. I have tickets to every round, and have already taken the week off work **Sob Sob**

Suppose I’ll hve to look forward to cheering for the French musketeers and tall American Ace machines i.e., Querry, Isner.

Get well soon Rafa.