Quarterfinal photos

From both days of the match.

(Photos by EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images, Matthew Stockman/Getty Images, Julian Finney/Getty Images, Nick Laham/Getty Images, TIMOTHY A. CLARY/AFP/Getty Images, and Chris McGrath/Getty Images)

1. skyejaden says:

I’m sorry you weren’t able to see this match through in duration!

I’m not sad that Gonzo totally melted down and now Rafa can rest in some warmth with a smile on his face today. The “adorkable” pic rules my life. :) :) :)

2. patzin says:

these are great photos. Very happy. I don’t know how he can move properly with all that tape – but it seems to work. He has great determination.

3. loverafa4ever says:

I really missed it.. I thot they will not have the match today either. But so nice to see this guy smiling and laughing and enjoying yet another time… :)

Pouty Rafa. Did someone just steal his ice cream?

Tummy bandaid turned into tummy tape belt.

• mary says:

I think it may have been something rather more embarrissing than losing his icecream. The guy holding the umbrella certainly thought so. And the two guys behind are totally denying any wrong doing. Rafa just deny it you didn’t do it.!! It was totally the chair umpire. OOOOOH so smelly..:) :-)

5. mary says:

Gonzo had mummy rap on foot, Rafa mummy rap around tummy.
    But our mummy rapped Rafa held it together & showed no sign of discomfort. I just hope Del Po has an off day & our Rafa is on fire & makes Del reach & run, run, run!!!!!!
    Do it bb!!!!!

Ah, I see… He’s wrapped his tummy, I thought he was wearing huge undies for a while during the match. Hm…

BTW, nice gums in pic eight. Your dentist must be proud, Rafa! ;)

7. Carol says:

Oooh, I do hope that strapping is precautionary rather than necessary. He looks a bit sore in #4. I do worry about our precious one…

How adorable is victorious Rafa in 15? And #8 for anyone who misses the biceps…

VAMOS!! On with the semi’s

8. dutchgirl says:

So good to see so much happiness on his face! I thought his smile on court after the match was priceless, I went to bed with that image stuck in my mind :))