Nike photoshoot

Photo via slamxhype.com

Photo via slamxhype.com

Fantastic photos from a shoot for the Nike AW77.

“I think in the end, the most important thing is being true to yourself, being honest with yourself. You know what you are doing wrong, then, you correct and improve.” “Off the court, I see that being normal will help you be better on the court. I like more or less to feel comfortable with what I wear on and off the court. And I like to be well dressed.” Rafael Nadal

Take a look behind the scenes at the shoot showing the off court personality of Rafael Nadal.

1. SheIsBlessed says:

Can’t wait to see the finished deal, he’s looking hot!

2. Debbie says:

Wow! Those picutures are amazing. The camera loves Rafa. Looking good in the denim too. No words to describe him. I need a thesaurus. Beeeeeautiful.

Nike knows who can sell their stuff. He makes anything look cool. Dig those sneakers too. But the other Rafa personality that they don’t seem to have captured is the sweet, smily, happy Rafa with the cheeky grin.

4. Clare says:

“The series consists of seven of Nike’s most exciting athletes, including Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova, Sofia Boutella, Alexandre Pato, Manny Pacquiao, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James.”

Extremely talented group, but particularly interesting especially given Federer is not actually included on this list of athletes…..guess he is not “exciting” enough!!!

Just a thought ;) !!!

• Atch2 says:

I think Nike would class Fed as elite and elegant, in the same league as Tiger. Rafa’s more urban hip to the youth market.

• Clare says:

Yep, it’s all about the gold la-me for Fed ;) !!!

The lack of Serena Williams is also interesting to me…..

5. tiemyshoe says:

I quite like how Rafa is differentiated from Fed in these Nike ads. He looks very young and hip but also serious business. Love how he’s making royal purple and bright yellow A-okay for young men. LOVE IT.

6. Carol says:

Rafa could sell ice to the Eskimos (except that it would melt in his presence). But do not get that red hoody thing.

The sultry Rafa in the grey / purple or grey-on-grey is so damn hot though… *yum, yum, Rafaland beckons*

7. An says:

Awesome pics..
    I love photogrpahing and i dream of the possibility to do a shoot with Rafa one day!

Sorry to be negative, but he looks ridiculous with the hood on. Doesn’t suit him at all!
    Not sure about this one. Must look again.

• An says:

Ah realy CC, i think he looks verry sexy!
      Hey, you have the right on youre own opinion, no need to say sorry!

I mean, Rafa always looks sexy, always! But…ah, I can’t put my finger on it. Never mind! ;)

• An says:

I think i do understand what you mean… the pics try to show us a Rafa that doesnt exist. Its not natural, a pose.

I still love it because its Rafa and i admire the work of the photographers.

• Nada H. T says:

I think that the hood covers a part that we can’t miss in

RAFA .. his HAIR !

That’s why it looks misplaced and unnatural ;)

• aRafaelite says:

I’m with you on this CC. It’s very bored-moody-teenagers-hanging-around-on-street-corners and I don’t think that expresses anything to do with Rafa.

• mary says:

I’m not sure on this but our Rafa has been photographed wearing a hoody before. I think truthfully, our Rafa wears what is comfy to him, hoody or no hoody. Hope when he comes To Auss he checks out the billabong range.

9. johanne says:

Especially love the pic of the pic on the computer screen: Rafa’s in purple & grey, hands in pockets, looking dead sexy. HOT.

• dutchgirl says:

That’s my favourite as well. He looks HOT!!! He looks hot in the other pics too, wow!!
      I would love to have a doorsize poster of him like that.

• Nada H. T says:

The purple outfit is my favourite too !

It shows the real colour of Rafa’s eyes and hair ..

Which is AMAZING !!!

Hm…the ones without the hood are better, but…are they sort of trying to make him look…tough and hard. He is not, no?
    And is the theme honesty? Rafa looks natural and honest when he smiles. Not like in these photos.
    Interesting.

11. Nic says:

Hotness personified! Wow how smoldering can raga look… That boy sends my temperature soaring I
    tell ya. I’m so running to th. Store and getting me se of that :) hope the Nike store in Barcelona is decked out fully with rafa themes!

12. Eliana says:

Flove those pics! That man’s making me fall in love w/him every day…

OK. I capitulate. The photos where he hasn’t got the hood on…H-O-T! Yep, badass Rafa not so bad after all…

14. Suzanne says:

With the hood on he looks like a boxer entering the ring. Many of the tennis commentators have said they wanted this look for him…

15. mary says:

visually stunning!!!!! Love just love the grey. I think Rafa had a hand in choosing his colours, bec their his fav except no pink, whats the deal?
    I know he doesn’t want to be a model, but have you seen any better or more natural. *F******k me dead*.

16. lauren says:

gorgeous pics of rafa!! and i love that rafa has the most pics from all the athletes! they must love rafa more! lol

btw i love this site! always visit this for rafa updates! thanks for your awesome work!! :D

17. faeaki 7 says:

Like Rafa in these colours but this style especially the hoods is soo not Rafa, I love smiley natural Rafa, infact he is at his best in photos when he doesn’t know your taking him..
    I do like him snarling on court though…

• Atch2 says:

Maybe they wanted to show the fierce, intensely competitive side of Rafa.

• Denizen says:

The purpose of the photoshoot was to promote a hoodie, period. Many elite athletes in Nike’s stable were all asked to pose in an edgy manner to promote the hoodie. If you look at Kobe, Sharapova, etc., you’ll see the common theme. I thought Rafa’s pictures were about the best I’ve seen of him in a photoshoot setting. I’m really surprised that so many people didn’t realize that this was a hoodie promotion, but whatever. Here are all the superstars wearing hoodies: http://bit.ly/3Df1Vd

I totally realise that this is a hoodie photo shoot, but still don’t think that Rafa looks very comfortable. Does wearing a hood mean that you must look edgy? That’s what I find weird…

• Debbie says:

Agree…Rafa’s were the best I have seen of him in a photo shoot. His intensity and sincerity comes through well. Compare his pics to Kobe’s who seems to be trying to look a certain way. Rafa looks “real” and comes through great on camera. Well done to the photog and to Rafa.

18. patzin says:

My first thought in looking at these photos was that Rafa is modeling – he could clearly be a model if it suited him. I think he is following direction as to what they want, and it doesn’t seem to represent who I think he is – yet they are sexy and somewhat dangerous.

Rafa does that intense, chiselled, rugged man look well.

20. Suzanne says:

Maybe this is where Rafa takes out his aggression from the stupid questions he has to endure during pressers…some of those looks are pretty fierce. Can you imagine if he broke loose with this look during a presser? I’m glad he doesn’t, however. It’s just so fun to have Rafi be Rafi at all times…Can’t wait for the match tonight!!! If/when he wins, he’ll face Almagro, against whom he has an awesome record…Lookin’ goooooooood!