Practice photos: Sept 1

Some photos from today’s practice.

Photos by REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque (UNITED STATES SPORT TENNIS)

1. kefuoe says:

Two things:
    1) The first picture leads me to believe that “credential checker” may be one of the most desired volunteer gigs at the tourney.
    2) I’m getting a little Duran Duran feel off this haircut/ headband combo.

2. SapphireSwell says:

hehe, rafa enters from the President’s Gate… very interesting. I’ll have to keep an eye out for this.

3. patzin says:

I like his haircut – looks layered and makes him look younger. Who is that in the last shot with Rafa?

4. Suzanne says:

Our boy looks so happy! It’s funny but even though Rafi is a generally positive and happy person, he is usually “so concentrate” in everything he does, especially practice and play, and for the last month he’s been Mr. Smiley…love it! I don’t think I’ve ever want him to win SOOOOOOOOOO much!!!

5. Suzanne says:

oops…I don’t think I’ve ever wantED him to win so much!

Loove the I-just-got-out-of-bed-and-tied-the-headband-around-my-unruly-head-of-hair-look he is showing off here!
    *eagerly adds to list of adorable Rafalooks*

7. Suzanne says:

You’re right CC; I was thinking that in photo #1 he looks a bit sleepy-eyed. What a funny guy…he probably did just roll out of bed. I hope he didn’t eat any chocolate croissonts!

8. johanne says:

Oye Rafa & Marat. I want that manwich.

9. Mary says:

Oh Maratski…

10. faeaki 7 says:

Yeah perfect combo, the two most handsome male tennis players on tour, first time I have seen them together on court side, interesting! they are completely different characters, I don’t think I have ever seen Rafa play Safin if so it must have been a couple of years back, *goes to check h – h stats*.. They showed a clip of Rafa on sky sports today, practising, he did look like scruffy Rafa today still sexy though…

11. Suzanne says:

Rafa beat Marat in Toronto back in 2007. The first set was pretty close, but Rafa wiped up the court with Marat in the second. These two are sooooo different. Rafa plays each point as though his life depends on it, and Marat just looks bored with life in general. I hope he has something interesting to occupy himself with after he retires; I feel sorry for him.

• Kalliopeia says:

No reason to feel sorry for Marat. Marat said once when someone asked him if he thought he’d not lived up to his potential that he couldn’t live and breathe the game, he wants to enjoy other aspects of his life too. He said something like I couldn’t be happy living the way Nadal does, and he probably wouldn’t be happy living like I do. They’re just different.

12. mary says:

Flov the scruffy look. Well he was too busy with me the night before, didn’t have time to organise his appearance. I wish!!!!
    Looking soooooo seXXy with a double xx. LOL
    Marit I’ll keep you occupied so come on over literally!!!!!!He,he

‘Concentrated Hotness’ Luv that photo. And they don’t even have to try. Maybe a lot of chatting bec I think Marat speaks Spanish. Both are playing their 1st rnds today.

Hope Marat gave Rafa a lot of big serves to practice his returns.

Luv happy happy Rafa. A big contrast to the Wimby presser where he announced he’s not playing.

Goodluck!

14. AnaR says:

Best of all is to see Rafael always smiling … AS BEFORE. For a long time we had lost that positive and cheerful smile. He has returned. It is a pleasure.

15. AnaR says:

He has confidence in himself .. and so far he don’t had (in the two previous tournaments). This means that, going to fight to the death .. because he really want to win .. ye know that Rafa does not like to lose (in Spain people said that Rafa does not like losing nor to the marbles), he hasn’t the U.S. Open tournament and for this… we can hope at least to see him struggling more than anyone else … and if, it’s true that others players have “more practice/training this year” but also “they are passed of practice and more tired” .. we could have a pleasant surprise … Vamos Rafa!.

16. Kalliopeia says:

Marat and Rafa. Of course they were hanging out together on my birthday. It seems kind of right, don’t you think? :)