1. Laura says:

Great interview. Great to hear him say he’s happier than ever now – it does show that he’s happy, in everything he’s done since his return. I think having been through some tough times has helped him realise all the good stuff he has going for him, and how much he really loves tennis. I guess the boy’s growing up! he’s so accomplished it is easy to forget how young he is, and what a sheltered life he’s led so far.
    Yet again, he rises to the challenge wonderfully, and takes the rough and smooth with such constructive attitude.
    His parents must be so proud.
    I am proud and I haven’t even met him!

2. teejustice says:

That was a very interesting interview. We got a bit of “introspective Rafa”. I thought it was telling when he said that “sometimes there is not that something more to give” in terms of knowing what you have in you and when you have it or not.

3. mary says:

” I’ve been a month almost out of orbit. A little apart from the world. Well, not quite two weeks. I was out of the world”
    Getting very star trekky here. LOL. Rafa welcome to my world or outer limits, cause that’s where you send me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) ;)

• Carol says:

Oh you make me chuckle Mary… Rafa a closet Trekkie!! LOL!!
      Stick to Rafalish and forget the Klingon;-))

Hot damn…he puts me into orbit every day!

4. Eliana says:

Excellent interview. The questions were great, different. He’s so much comfortable when Spanish media makes the interviews. You can see he’s much more open and relax about his answers and as teejustice said, we can learn about introspective Rafa. But reading about his life the past months make me feel a little sad. He had to experience very hard moments and all of that in front of the whole world. And to make it worse, we sometimes have unrealistic expectations. As he said in the interview, we sometimes see him as a machine. I sure hope that he knows that we, the real fans, will love him, admire him and support him always, no matter what.

5. An says:

“I sure hope that he knows that we, the real fans, will love him, admire him and support him always, no matter what.”

I’m so glad i posted a message evry week during this all trough his web-site telling him exactly that!! It comforts me to think that he at least must have read one off them…

The answers to the first two questions are SO wise!
    I also like it that he says it’s all his fault, a lot of people would have tried to blame things on others. He never does.

He’s amazing.

7. Suzanne says:

I find it highly interesting that Google can’t afford a better translator…However, he is so open and relaxed in this interview. I think he seems happier and more peaceful than I’ve ever seen him. I’m so pleased for him and also for all of us Rafans. Good things are in store in this fortnight!!!

8. Carol says:

Now that was a decent interview, even through the Googlish. Other journos take note, please!

“I have been locked in myself”. Oh, that headline made me want to cry, then run over with a big bag of choc chip cookies and hug him :-(

So easy to forget Rafa’s been on the ATP tour for 7 years now… But these last few months have matured him so much. “…happier and more peaceful…” is right Suzanne. He’s happy in his skin these days and just wants to improve and win. I think he’s put a few demons to bed now.

The loveable boy is now a gorgeous young man with the most amazing talent.

“Sleep, nothing. I had much to do: think about the things he had done wrong, because I had to draw my conclusions, being aware also that the variable margin is very small”
    Rafa’s learning the hard way, but at least he’s learning. Start afresh for 2010.

I googled ‘Sierra de Tramontana’ and it’s truly beautiful. No wonder Rafa luvs him island home.

10. faeaki 7 says:

It always makes for more interesting reading when Rafa is interviewed in Spanish, poor translation aside of course!
    He is such a positive person, my kind of person, he truly is a credit to his family.
    He is indeed lucky to come from such a beautiful peaceful place where they respect his privacy and he is able to relax and focus on other things.
    He is still hungry for success though, good news for tennis fans.. and of course for us..

11. nomsa says:

I have always been a Nadal’s fun and i belive in him and it was sad to see him watch his deserved crown been given to someone else i think all the tennis funs will agree with me when i say that we all wanted to see Nadal and roger battle it out roger might have won it but the question is:would he have won it if Nadal was 100% the question marks so i pray that he gets better fast so that we can see what happens next season, i will always be a Nadal fan so Roger get ready for the KING RAFA is on his way and his coming with a bang.
    all Nadal fans lets give him all the support he needs am sure he will do fine but our support will be much better for because he will know that he is still our number one.Its not easy for him and if we want to see better tennis then we have to be behind RAFA we all no what he can do and his one of the guys that makes tennis exciting everyone wants to watch tennis when nadal is playing….so viva RAFA