1. loverafa4ever says:

I luvd the first article… And rafa u definitely need time to be back in form and u will get that in fleshing meadows. U might have to struggle (if at all) only in the first few matches… after that nobody can stop u.. I am super xited after reading this article. :)

2. johanne says:

“Psychologically for me now, I am perfect,” he said. “After an important stop, I came back with more energy than ever. Probably I need more time to be ready, to get the rhythm, to play your best tennis, but the energy and desire is 100%.”

This is really great to hear from Rafa. Vamos!

After 3mths of worry, u finally said what we’ve been waiting for

“… BUT THE ENERGY AND DESIRE IS 100%.” YEEAAHHHH!!!

I’m surprised the USO doesn’t have Rafa’s pre-interview up on their website yet.

“For a guy as fit as Rafael Nadal, his knees are a bit like Dick Cheney’s”
    What a horrible comparison! LOL

Good luck this week Rafa. I’ll be spending many sleepless nights watching u from the other side of the world.

4. xta says:

does anybody know what happened to rafa and arthur ashe day for kids ???i know there was press that he would be included, but i haven’t seen a single picture or mention of him participating…and i didn’t see him during the tv coverage (though i admit i didn’t watch the whole thing)…

• Atch2 says:

From all the photos and article I’ve read abt it, Rafa wasn’t there. Hope no one went to see Rafa live and were disappointed.

Love the interview in the Washington Post!

“The layoff…robbed men’s tennis of its most charismatic figure.”
    Yes, thank you, we noticed…

When he talks about having a normal life at home, saying that he doesn’t have to hide there, it makes me really happy. I sincerely hope it stays that way, for his own sanity. Because he really doesn’t seem to be left alone for one single moment on tour.
    *sighs*

And the little bit about him putting two towels down on the sofa, as to not get it sweaty…how adorable. I love this man. :D

6. Carol says:

“Any of Rafael Nadal’s rivals who stole a peek at the Spaniard in practice at Flushing Meadows may have gone away muttering to themselves in annoyance”

Hee, hee (or shaking in their shoes…?);-))
    Vamos!!

7. dutchgirl says:

The first article makes me really happy and full of expectations for the USO!
    Sooooo good to hear he’s ready for it (at least his mind is, the rest will follow, I’m sure)!

8. mary says:

“To be perfectly honest, the biggest factor in how many more majors Roger wins is Nadal”

“The layoff…robbed men’s tennis of its most charismatic figure.”

It’s clear by these statements every journo, tennis enthusiast, anybody for that matter interested in tennis is sooooooooooo happy Rafa is back. And to coin a phrase or better still let the man say himself: “… BUT THE ENERGY AND DESIRE IS 100%.” Oh the anticipation is wonderful. V for Victory, V for Vamos & V for Vintage RAFA. Yipppeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!