Semi-final match photos

(Photos by REUTERS/John Sommers II and Nick Laham/Getty Images)

1. Carol says:

Oh, oh, oh…Rafa…

In # 3, I just want to run over and give him a huge hug, he looks so, so down. :-((

But then that wouldn’t have helped his concentration at all… crazy teary woman running on to the court.

Restrict myself to a virtual consolatory hug or two over the ether *sighs* :-)

• Atch2 says:

I know, he does look like he needs some luving, but not a good idea, coz they would probably tackle you down like that FedFan at the FO.

Ah well, if it’s any consolation, Rafa is and will always be the best looking man to walk this earth, even when he’s looking defeated. ;)

3. ally says:

rafa played badly…hope he does better as the us open comes on

4. mary says:

Don’t get down gals. He made the semi’s & now knows what he has to do to be more competitive.
    Nole wasn’t gonna give Rafi any type of break especially knowing Rafi is not back to his form yet. Just hope he doesn’t choke when he faces Fed. Go Nole!

5. mary says:

And yeah! He is the best looking, most sincere, funny, sexy adonis that has ever existed. We need copies!! He, he ;)

• Carol says:

I’m afraid they broke the mould when our Raf arrived…

At least it’s nice that the best looking ever man lived in our lifetime, no? ;)

• Carol says:

“best looking ever man” too true CC, too true… Never seen a really bad photog of him, even as a little lad.

And a privilege to be able to see him play… something to bore the grandkids with ;-)lol!

• mary says:

Tooooo right mate!
          Had to say that!! ;) ;)

• cookie says:

If or when the time comes that he no longer plays, I hope he becomes a movie star so we can still look forward to seeing him on screen for years thereafter!

• Serene says:

How true! And think Rafa is also the best dressed and most striking looking tennis player.

• aRafaelite says:

At the risk of being branded a traitor, there’s two things I feel compelled to mention:
      1) Keanu Reeves
      2) Rafa is almost the spitting image of someone I used to work with, who yes, I was completely crazy. Great tennis player too. I did try… :(
      All I’m just suggesting is that there’s at least 3 contenders for the title ;) and that although no-one quite fits his unique mold, there are a couple of similar models around…!

6. Carol says:

BTW – hey miri, Ally, even the pros cut off bits of heads etc from pics (see above). You both can hold your heads up about your photograpy!!

7. An says:

Its just to say something… not to critisise but i’m a little short off words by so manny sad Rafa’s… but pic 6 isnt that a backhand??

8. Esmmée says:

A QUARTER, AND A SEMI AFTER AN INJURY?? I AM TRILLED. VAMOSSSSSSSSS.

9. mary says:

Chat line open 24/7.

10. faecoleman says:

Thats the best way of looking at it. A quarter final and a semi! and just after his comeback, I couldn’t believe his drop in form last night though, he’s serving was terrible and unlike his previous matches he didn’t play well when it counted, he wasn’t comfortable out there and Djokovic took, as expected ,great advantage of it.. he also was serving extremely well putting too much pressure on Rafa!
    Btw pics 7 & 8 are sooo sultra, he has such sexy smooth skin and those cheek bones, latin lush.
    It wasn’t the fact that he lost rather than the way he played, he seemed kind of lost out there, still on a positive side it was maybe a little too soon to expect such a victory against such a player when he lacks such little match practice, he’s timing around the net last night proved that.. Having said that Djokovic was shaky too in the 2nd set and had Rafa been more confident (less damn u/e), then he could have changed the match around, If he replays the match he will notice this himself I am sure..

• Carol says:

Yah, let’s tune our mind-waves to Rafa’s frequency with positive acktitude content (er, is that technically correct?)

• teejustice says:

I agree, very good results and lot to take away. I had some higher expectations on this match given his play against Berdych and his comments. But he did get better in 2nd set although still struggled on serve. I am sure he will do his best to prepare for as strong USO as he can and we’ll see. VAMOS!

11. johanne says:

“Towel” is a beauty of a pic. Rafa is stunning. :)