Bastante expresivo, indeed. I’d forgotten about the little racquet bashing incident. Charming.

And the looks he gives Rosana during the interview. Those eyes are…pretty expressive too, no?

• Carol says:

What does bastante espresivo mean?

I have to say, I felt rather sorry for Rafa having to talk to TVe there in the tunnel, just having lost minutes ago, mentally sore and physically tired. :-(

Maybe he’s got some sort of exclusive cover arrangement with the channel – I don’t know, but heck, couldn’t the poor bloke have a shower first?

2. mary says:

Took the words out of my mouth Carol. Seems rather cruel & inhuman to put him through it. He loses, signs autographs & can’t escape without being reminded before he can take a breather that he lost. Yep f*****g cruel if ya tell me.
    If it were me I’d tell her where to shove her mic. ;) ;) Isn’t he just an angel!!

• Carol says:

Must be bloody angelic to cope with that lot, Mary, tourney after tourney… I think, no, I *know* I’d have thumped some of these folk before now, and I think Rosana is one of the better ones!

Hee, hee, being decked with the power of those biceps… you’d never wake up for days ;-)))LOL! Nah, Raf’s just too nice to do that and it’s one of the million reasons we adore him *sigh, off to Rafaheaven*

3. mary says:

“Bastante expresivo”. It means sufficiently expressed or expressed sufficiently. CC is that refering to the racquet?

• Ch F says:

Bastante expressivo, according to my knowledge of Spanish, means quite expressive; it refers to the fact that he expressed his feelings during the match more than he usually does. Indeed, the difference was striking.. It’s a shame that he played such a bad match after having played such a good match against Berdych. Let’s hope it won’t harm his confidence too much, in view of the US Open, and that he’ll be able to focus on the good matches.

Yeah, it means “pretty expressive” and the lady says it at the start, probably refering to the racquet bash and all the faces he pulled during the match.

I don’t like seeing Rafa hurting himself like that. There must be a bruise after that whack. Take care Rafa. Murray does it often and his hands are always bleeding on his clothes.

• aRafaelite says:

Thanks for clearing that up – I wondered why Murray’s hands were bleeding when I was watching him last week but nobody mentioned it. Don’t know why I hadn’t noticed it before. Guess I don’t look as closely at Murray as I do at some other players!

• Atch2 says:

Yeah. Bashes his strings then it drips on his pants. He sometimes looks like he’s got his periods.