Rogers Cup doubles draw

Bouncy

The Rogers Cup doubles draw is out. Or is it? Is this really the Official draw? Rafa is playing doubles with his coach Roig? And they will take on Djokovic/Vemic in the first round? I must be tired and seeing things after a long day.

1. Rafafan says:

Love to see the smiling Rafa in the pre match interview and wow hasn’t his english improved – still says the aktitude which is really cute and the lovely spanish dialect – don’t want that taken away ever with his improving engliah

If all fails trying to see our Rafa in doubles try the free viewing http://www.atdhe.net

Anyone in Engliand, Sky extra is showing the tennis from 4pm to 10pm tonight so they may put the doubles on then? if Its secheduled around 7.30pm local time?

Anyone know which day Tue or Wed for his singles. Am praying Tuesday as I am off work especially!

Vamos x

• Carol says:

Damn, I’ve got Sky, but not Extra.

Might try phoning them and pleading for an instant upgrade (cite damage to mental health otherwise…);-)

• johanne says:

I would guess Rafa plays his first singles on Wed since Troicki and Ferrer aren’t on the schedule for today.

2. AnaR says:

It seems incredible but in Spain we can not see the doubles match of Rafa .. is amazing .. that this happens..

3. sia says:

AnaR, they hardly ever broadcast doubles matches on TV … so oviously no live stream. Very Sad.
    Perhaps we can get in on aRafaelite idea of the ‘all Nadal – all the time channel’.

4. An says:

Sorry guys, i’ve tried evrything i know to get a live stream for the doubles match but i’m outa options…
    I can find a dozen working links of Wawrinka-Kiefer but not our boys double match :(
    I can see trough live score that evrything goes on serve and its 5-5 in the 1st set, so i think they aren’t doing bad at all!
    Francisco and Rafa, so proud off you! VAMOS!

• johanne says:

Yeah, I’m not finding anything either. Like you said, plenty of Wawrinka/Kiefer, but no doubles. Oh well.

At least they won the first set! WOOT! :)

5. sia says:

Yep they won the first set !!

6. sia says:

And the second !!

7. mary says:

They won Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

8. AnaR says:

Yes, they woooooooooooooon!.. I’m very happy…

9. Rafafan says:

Yeah – I have never been so excited by watching a score card!

Had sky TV in background on with Wawrinka and Kiefer hoping they might break away and let us know the score or somehow get into the doubles match. It was so embarrassing about 2 people watching their match! They did happen to say that Rafa got a cheer going into his doubles match but that was it!

Even when they won the 1st set nothing was said. Can you believe it! and everyone is wanting to know how Rafa is on his first match back!

Talk about so Sky murray orientated.

Anyway as I said I couldn’t believe how much I loved that scorecard! when it came up with 7 – 5 and then 6 – 4. Still don’t know how he was on the court. Miri do you know? What a fantastic night so far for all our Rafa fans (and of course his assistant coach!) x

• Josh says:

He was good apparently and (THE BOMBSHELL!) wearing SLEEVELESS!!

AWESOME!

• Atch2 says:

Josh u r an angel and have made my day.
        Rafa and Fran won!!!! and Rafa was in a sleeveless with yellow accents. How cool is that.

And the seats look pretty full for a first round doubles match. But then again its Rafa and Nole.

Looks like Rafa & Fran are playing the 2nd seeds tomorrow. And Rafa will prob play his first singles match Wed.

Order of play Tues:

11. Rafafan says:

Hi

Can’t see Fran anywhere – are you sure it was the same match? and the seats look half full. How did you get that pic Josh? I can’t imagine he suddenly changes just like that but then again I remember him saying in an interview about the sleeves vs sleeveless. He preferred sleeveless coz he can move about more – less restrictive and less sweaty! Maybe that’s it – he has convinced Nike to change back again – helps his sponsor to win the thing. Thank you Josh!

12. mary says:

First image I could get hold of(hope I’ve done this correcto). Yum sleeveless. Trying to contain oneself. Maybe not. *faints*
    [IMG]http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz333/seda101/montrealdbles2009.jpg[/IMG]

13. mary says:

Oh Sorry josh. You must have put this on when I was trying to find it. Well we get treated twice. Ignore mine everyone. Tried to get it off twitter but did something wrong. So used another method. Still new to all of this copying and pasting stuff.

14. Rafafan says:

Hi all – do you think this is real or surreal? – I can’t see Rafa suddenly changing from sleeves to sleevless all of a sudden ( with his Nike agreement – can u? If it is true, I am ecstatic, as with all of us Rafa fans – it’s the best thing that’s happened and the win – this is suddenly going from doom – to glomm – (u know with the reporting) to mesmirising and beyond! Maybe Rafa has seen our comments and have taken note x

15. Suzanne says:

First win in dubs against quality opponents…Watch out those who are next…he’s getting revved up!!! As far as the sleeveless thing, the folks at Nike are no dopes; they have likely heard and read all of the hooplah about the sleeves/no sleeves debate and discussed it with Rafi and came up with what he’s wearing. I did hear him say that the sleeveless shirts are more comfortable and easier to move in, so maybe that along with the fan vote pushed the look over the top to give us our preference! On the other hand, sometimes he sports different looks from singles to doubles matches…we’ll see. Just think, Miri can see all of this in person!!! Blows kisses…(to Rafi)

• mary says:

Maybe Rafa knew it was going to be bloody hot in Montreal & said Nike I’m wearing sleeveless. That’s it! Hope he will be doing it for his singles as well. I’m dreaming again. Away on a Rafa cloud. La la la. :)

• Atch2 says:

Yeah, I think it’s for doubles only and he’ll go back to sleeves for the singles. I hope he keeps winning in the doubles then, and starts winning in the singles come Wed.

• nic says:

I’m sure Rafa is wearing sleeveless just for doubles cos of the heat, and better comfort overall. But as for singles, no way is he changing back to sleeveless, Rafa’s on court look for singles is just as important as his game now. It’s part of his persona. He never even wears his tournament looks at practice before they’ve gotten their debut in a proper match. It’s like his warrior armour. I think everyone has to try and get past the sleeveless look, that’s the past. I personally think Rafa’s looking better than ever in his polos and sleeved tees this year. I’m loving it, it’s given him an added aura of maturity somehow I think now. And he personally wanted a change of image, so let’s support his choice, he’s a smart cookie :)

16. mary says:

sleeveless. Oh just tooooooooooo yummy! Hey Rafi you must be reading my posts. LOL ;) ;)

• Carol says:

Thanks for the link RC.

Yummy – more pics for my collection. Love the white & yellow combo: doesn’t he just look the business? He sure looks like he means business too.

• johanne says:

LOVE IT! Thanks!

• Atch2 says:

Rafa looks so happy. And Fran looks pretty good too.

News fm the Roger Cup website about the players dinner on Sunday said that “But it was the arrival of Rafael Nadal that really made a splash. The four-time French Open champion and defending Rogers Cup champion was given a real hero’s welcome”. That must have been really nice for him.

Rafa’s quotes from the match
      “It’s great to be back and I had a lot of fun playing with Francisco,” Nadal told reporters. “A win is a win and doubles is fun and important so I am happy about the way it went today. “I am really looking forward to playing singles on Wednesday.”

• Carol says:

Oh, that tight shirt… and the win *deep sigh*

17. sia says:

Awww … thanks Zoe how great to see a winning smile. Roig looks kinda hot too.

18. mary says:

I hope to see many more happy pics of our Rafi & Fran winning in doubles & of course Rafi winning in the singles. Gotta fly, It’s off to work I go, hi ho …………..Happy happy joy joy :);)

Rafa plays doubles tomorrow against the 7th seeds. And I just noticed that Verdasco will play Lopez. What a shame they have to battle each other, and Rafa may have to meet Ferrer.

Dang it! He wasn’t playing on the printed OOP I got from the media room. Now I have another press pass/tourist with friend dilemma.

• Atch2 says:

Go for the press pass. U never know which part of Rafa will bump into u next.

• Delta says:

Thanks all for 411 on Nadal, as well as the links & pics!!! Looks like 2008 all over again when He was soooooo dominant & took “The Tennis World” by storm! No sleeves, or sleeves great to see him back “on court” with that Rafa determined look. He’s baaaaccck and we can all be euphoric
        once again just knowing he’s doing what he loves most, & especially getting the”V” today.
        Good vibes for his singles match, whichever peer it is? It’s RAFA, he can conquer anyone out there! “Looking back, reminds us what we have to look forward to!” OMG, the moment has finally arrived for that darling & all of his “devoted “Rafalets.” His hard work is paying off!!! God Bless You Rafael! Enjoy, we sure will & thank you……………….

20. Marle says:

Hi!,

Does anyone has a website for a livestream to see today’s matches on the BN court? Like Rafa of course!! And Nando against Feli. Great match.
    Can I see it on Eurosport (in Holland)?
    Does anyone know?

Thank you and enjoy the comeback of Rafa!!

21. vale says:

I looked for it throughout all the match but I could find no streaming for the Rafa/Roig double. What a shame… Was anyone there more lucky than me?…