Montreal is on – again

AnaR sent in this Marca.com article in which Toni confirms Rafa’s participation in the Rogers Cup. (Google translation)

And here’s an IB3 report:

Posted by vamosrafelnadal.

Putting the Spanish subtitles through google translation, yields this:

Rafa:
Try to start gradually aware of the difficulty and that there is equality in tennis and we’ve all more complicated

You can re-achieve, we now have time to think about the reality is that I have improved my recovery from knee and then we’ll see any moves.

Toni:
Now we have to do is to get back into shape, and then we’ll see if we are at number 1, 2 or 21.

Rafa:
Always ask me about my goals, U.S. Open, and leads to a tire with both short-term goal. If I’m right, I’ve proven that I have options to achieve great things and if I’m not the options are reduced significantly.

1. Carol says:

“La Reconquesta”!!! Yay…

Vamos Rafa!, Vamos!

2. AnaR says:

During the interview .. Rafael speaks absolutely everything in a clear and forceful. I think I’ve ever seen him more mature and more serious. I think is a very good interview. Very interesting and complete. If you need some clarification, because the translation from Google is not enough .. here I am. OMG!… Rafael is so impresive like person!

• nic says:

Totally agree with you Ana. Rafa’s just full of confidence and determination in this interview. Wonderful to read. Indeed he is wise beyond his years. And a gorgeous person inside out.

Rafa’s official website that Rafa is travelling to Montreal on Wed 5 Aug and that “The champ will be accompanied by Francis Roig and the rest of his team.” I hope Uncle Toni’s ok and that he only wants a longer holiday.

It’s common for Roig to accompany Rafa to the US hard court season instead of Toni.

• loverafa4ever says:

Yea.. I alwayz c Francis Roig with Rafa during US hard court. But I guess Uncle Toni will be around for the USO.

• Suzanne says:

Uncle Toni always makes it to the majors as well as much of the rest of the Nadal clan. I remember in 2007 when the whole bunch of them (unclues, aunts, cousins, etc.) went to Disney World on the was to the US Open. The extended family support as well as coach/uncle Toni seems to be the Nadal tradition.

4. patzin says:

I read an article which called Rafa the ultimate wildcard at Montreal. I think that says it all.