FB – first Master Serious

Rafa wins his first Master Serious title: 2005 Monte-Carlo. He defeated Coria 6-3 6-1 0-6 7-5.

Match highlights:

Posted by RetroTennis.

Match point (again – sorry), celebration, trophy ceremony:

1. Holly says:

Thanks Miri,

Interesting that even back then they were all saying the same stuff…

2. Delta says:

Great find, great vid! What a PROUD moment for Rafael, an absolute baby doll;-) greatness in the making and yes the announcers were “right on the money” when describing him and what was to come.
    He has lived up to all that & more….. With more to follow……… Love the wink and checking out the trophies, noticed he “kissed” one of them a few times. Most often said, “can he get any cuter?” Doll then and doll now! Had all the graciousness as well. Humble ,humble soul dear Rafa!

3. mary says:

Oh so sublime. The wink, the kiss, the cuteness and his tennis. It’s only gotten better the older he gets. The commentators were so right! Rafa has taken the tennis world and me by storm!!!

Coria must have wondered what he did to deserve that punishment. Great movement and shots. Watching that makes me want to see Rafa play even more.

5. sia says:

miri, no need to ever apologise for showing us Rafa winning more than once.

6. johanne says:

Ohhh the trophy ceremony is precious…esp during his National Anthem. You can see Rafa is pretty emotional – those gorgeous brown eyes are a little watery, awwwww. Love the little wink too (maybe to Uncle Toni??). Rafa is looking very yummy here. :D

7. Rafafan says:

This is one of the most adorable videos ever. The wink of the eye and the closeup is out of this world. Just hold it in slow motion! Love it when he listens to the anthem – he does get very emotional especially in the DAvis Cup.

Can you imagine if he wins the US this year – the whole place will erupt especially when they know what Rafa has been through the lat 2 months and the US really like RAfa I think.

• Delta says:

No question there Rafafan! New york fans are as most “into their tennis” and “all the great ones!”
      We have to hold onto hope that Rafa will play there, if not before? Yes, I too see him have that look in those beautiful eyes when hearing his country’s Anthem. Very touching……
      Did any see him “bite” the trophy in this clip? His Kiss was soooo sweeeet!

Then again what isn’t sweet about Rafa!!!!

8. Gwen Lam says:

Miri, is it possible to post the trophy ceremony video on youtube? thanks alot.

No, sorry. YouTube made me remove my tennis videos so I’m no longer posting them there. If you have the DownloadHelper plugin for Firefox, you can still d/l the video from viddler.

• mary says:

I know you’ve mentioned it before but what is wrong with Utube. There is so much crap vds on Utube and they want to get rid of vds about probably one of the most popular sports player ever to exist. Dumb I tell ya!!!! Who can contact to bitch at?

9. faecoleman says:

awh those eyes, those kisses he plants on the trophy, that smile, he’s really handsome here! I watched both the Monte-carlo 2005 and the Rome 2005 during the rain delays this year during both tournaments, I hadn’t seen either before, he was such a strong young man and the movement, alot of people talk of Rafa’s talents but he’s movement for me is the most astonishing, just watch his feet. During the A/O semi this year it was Fernando who said “he has amazing legs” he does indeed! I watched Rafa for the 1st time that year @ the F/O and was hooked since. I have never seen the ceremony of Monte-carlo in 2005, this is awsome, he looks amazing! thanx…