FB – bag check

I have no idea when this was done, but the shirt looks to be early 2008. Rafa doesn’t look excited about letting us rummage through his bag. And why do I get the feeling if we were to do this with his current set up, it would take a half hour?

Posted by veyonce77 and sent in by RC.

Speaking of rackets, the world’s worst line-reader is back to promote them:

Posted by BABOLATWorld.

Finally, an HD video of the making of that commercial (it doesn’t allow for embedding) that was posted by RafaNadalLive.

1. Milla says:

haha never saw that “bag check” vid before. thanks!

2. nic says:

think the vid could be from 2007 – i saw flashes of that sleeveless top that had lots of crazy splashes of blue and purple and other colours on it. and the matching blue wristbands. rafa’s really not looking the camera in the eye is he?? still adorable as always. love love love the hair. damn that boy is so sexy.

Yeah, I thought it was 2007 and left a space to fill that in once I looked around to confirm it and then forgot. And, it looks like I also fucked up the HTML in the rest of the post and all hell broke loose. Sheesh. Sorry about that, everyone.

3. cookie says:

Thank you for sharing these, Miri! I wonder if our magnificent Manacori was predicting the length of his professional tennis career in agreeing to the ten-year term with Babolat? (He would be in his early 30’s by that time).

4. faecoleman says:

Yeah looking at the outfit it would have been 2007′, cute sexy Rafa, can’t get enough of this gorgeous human being!!!

Rafa before he has a separate manbag for his clothes.

And Rafa before anyone taught him any acting lessons.

6. Suzanne says:

I like the “bag check” segment on the Tennis Channel better; probably because it only features the player…but they have never had one of our Rafi. I always figured it was because of the time he went through his bag on the steps of the hotel in Miami while waiting for his ride to practice. That was our little pumpkin-head Rafi, though, not the maaaaan! This was fun to see, however, and adorable how he counted the racquets (surely he knew how many there were) in English as it was an English interview. What a cutie! BTW this had to have been in 2008 as this was the shirt he wore when he won Indian Wells. Is time flying or dragging? Either way it’s tough without our boy.

Me being me, the shirt thing has been driving me crazy. I thought it was late 2007, but now I see he was in diagonal stripe mode at that time. You are 100% right – he wore it at Indian Wells. It appears to be early 2008 hard court season. Looks it went from Rotterdam through to Miami.

Hm, they rummaged through my hand luggage at the airport this morning, so I can see why Rafa isn’t too impressed with having to do this in front of the camera. A little intrusive, no?

Still, I’m a little bit torn… Do I want to see Rafa’s sweaty pants and mysterious “creem”? Oh, hell yeah…

Now I need to take some time to imagine which part/s of his body he rubs that cream into.