Goofy faces

Photo Sean Garnsworthy/Getty Images

Photo Sean Garnsworthy/Getty Images

Don’t think this is new (if it is, they got his age wrong), but it just popped up in a Twitter search: a photo gallery of 13 21 goofy faces by Life.

Spain’s Rafael Nadal is, at the moment and for the foreseeable future, the best tennis player in the world. At 22 years old, he is already mentioned among the greatest who ever played. (His four consecutive French Open titles, for instance, is a feat matched by only one other player in the history of the sport: a guy named Bjorn Borg.) He also, it must be said, pulls some of the goofiest faces ever seen on clay, garss, or concrete. Here are some of our favorites.

1. tangerine says:

Those are nothing compared to these:

Madrid Masters

classic WTF expression

phew! something stinks

I know – they mainly seem to have the same expression over and over. He makes funnier faces during a casual conversation! I love animated faces…

• nic says:

oh hahahaha that first one is hilarious :D
      and i love his wtf expression. that raised eyebrow is delicious!

2. johanne says:

Sexiest goofy faces ever! I want to rub his tummy in #11. Mmmmmm Rafabs. ;)

Gosh, not pretty, but still lovely!

“He makes funnier faces during a casual conversation!”

Exactly. Makes me wonder if I would be able to stay serious if I ever got to have a casual conversation with Rafa. Or if he’d crack me up.

• mary says:

“He makes funnier faces during a casual conversation!”

“he’d crack me up.”
      Yep I’d go into hysterics before he opened his mouth. Great conversationist I’d make. LOL

Tangerine, yours r more varied. The ones in LIFE are in play about-to or has-made-impact-with-ball face. Rafa does make great expressions at pressers, especially when the questions are dumb or when he’s confused or when there’s a phone call.
    And if Rafa was having a casual conversation with any of us, I don’t think we would not take it casually. It would be intense for us and I don’t think I could speak back. I’d just be happily looking at him while he talks away in whatever language he chooses.

• mary says:

so true and so cute Atch2. I would be speachless and probably if I didn’t faint I would sit there mouth ajar and eyes dilated (drooling in my head). He’d know doobts be thinking she must be on drugs. Yeah, Rafanated.

5. miri says:

WTF? I swear when I looked at this earlier today at work, there were only 13 pictures and the title was 13 goofy faces…now, it’s 21 and they’ve added more pictures. I can’t be completely imagining things because the URL has the number 13 in it…not 21. Life’s trying to make me look like a fool. (Not that it takes much…)

6. An says:

I long for his goofy faces back on court!
    Love him, even with goofy faces…

7. dutchgirl says:

I always keep watching his right hand in pictures, he spreads it in a characteristical way when he hits the ball. It’s in quite a few of these pics. Love it, though I can’t tell why. I’ve always got a thing with hands, but only when they’re attached to great men!

• An says:

Yes i know he does that, dunno if there are manny tennis players who do it ( i never studied pics of others that well as i do studie pics of Rafa ) but i know at least one other tennis player verry well who does it ( and did it since she is a kid, and is only 2 years older than Rafa ). Yes, me!