FB – Dubai 2006 final

1. Post match interview – this was the second tournament he’d played and first tournament win after a foot injury and he got quite teary-eyed after the win.

2. The announcer kept droning and droning and droning…until the crowd was amused by Rafa changing his shirt.

3. The trophy ceremony went on for so long that Rafa went over to Roger’s chair and had a chat with him.

4. Rafa gets his trophy.

And, while we are talking about Dubai, don’t forget about this video.

Ahhh… So much goodness in that clip. The teary eyes, the Rafa/Rog interaction (I always think they are the cutest together!), the shirt change and Rafa trying his hardest to quickly put that top on (he always struggles a bit with them, no?). OK, so I’m just stating the obvious, he’s fabulous.

That trophy is quite ugly, though. ;)

• Mary says:

I agree! The trophy must of been found in some ship wreck!!! I guess he had to amuse himself somehow. He can change his skin tight shirt any day. I’ll wipe his tears away with kisses any day. I know he has to come back yet. And then there is the USO, but I hope he comes to AO as I will be there.

2. killian says:

Very cute when the announcer realized what was going on with the shirt change and took off his jacket!!!

3. tmi says:

I like the way he was having conversation with RF. Very cool and relaxed. Crowd was out of control while he changed his t-shirt :). I went for this years Dubai open. Unfortunately rafa didnt turn up this year. My luck was not there this year :(

An ugly trophy is that rude looking Pacific Life whale at Indian Wells. Thank goodness they changed it to that heavy crystal.

And Rafa’s accent seemed stronger. 3 yrs on and his English is more fluent and he has more confidence speaking it.

5. johanne says:

HAHAHAHA the shirt changing incident is adorable! Rafa looks a little embarrassed/apologetic for sending the crowd into a tizzy with his unbelievable hotness!!! ;)

Great clip, thanks miri!

6. June says:

I’d never seen that vid before, thanks Miri! It was a great-timing win for RAFA and a nice comraderie between him & Fed ;-)

7. faecoleman says:

Hey thanks Miri for that clip, how handsome and gorge
    ous is Rafa here! the shirt change is soooo hot! crowd were going wild for Rafa’s awsome bod no? and Rafa can’t get it on quick enough! and that lovely smile, how I long to see that again god I miss him.