FB – Karaoke anyone?

During the 2007 French Open, they had a karaoke booth and invited players to be silly. Rafa took them up…

RC helped me track down this version (posted by vansevereni) and it’s the best quality of the video we could find. But it cuts off just before the end, so here’s another version posted by candidethovex74.

Another time Rafa went into the booth, he took on an arm-wrestling challenge…sorry for the low quality. I can’t seem to find a better version.

Posted by virnalisi.

And speaking of singing, Rafa and Tomeu singing in the back seat of a car. (I think this is from a documentary about Rafa at the Shanghai tournament.)

Posted by suziii24.

1. mariajessica says:

That La Bamba was priceless. I’d buy the album if that’s the only track in it. Plus the video.

Adorable. Adorable. Adorable is our pink-T-shirted man.

Didn’t they rank the Karaoke performances and Rafa came in 2nd behind Nole? (And Fed sang ‘Simply the best’).

• aRafaelite says:

Yes. Rafa was No. 2, Nole No. 1 (should have been Llodra though – he was hilarious)!

3. mary says:

He could do anything and it would turn out probably perfect! You just want to sing along…………..”

4. killian says:

That is the BEST vid of La Bamba ever.–thank you! And so sweet singing in the car with Tomeu! Love that UN-self consciousnes and joy. Yummmmmm.

5. tmi says:

Awesome videos. Esp that la bamba was the best. I have seen it for so many times. Compared to novak and fed, rafa really done it well with some dancing steps. When he jumps and rotates it was just like a kid dancing :) I had a great time watching it.

6. faecoleman says:

Yeah I’ve seen the la bamba one too, Rafa realy gets into it, wah those thighs that movement phew, loving this…..

Hm, the La Bamba vid does nothing for me, I’m afraid to say. He can’t sing, can’t really dance. Llodra was a classic, though!

The backseat clip is awfully cute, though. Rafa AND Tomeu. Can I sit in the middle? Please?

R u kidding me. Rafa’s dance moves are HOT! Inspired by many basement parties + cheering on Real Madrid.
    What’s that song playing in the car? It’s a great sing-along song.
    And no man looks as good in pink as Rafa.

Agree with you on the pink, he looks gorgeous in that colour!
      Dance moves…not so hot.

• natch says:

Pink? Ick. Even IF it looks good on him, which I’m not saying either way.
        Singing and dancing? Yep, not so good. Let go, Rafa. Get into it the way Nole and Llodra did.
        The bit in the car? Cute. Who’s Tomeu, though?

Tomeu is a not so good tennis player and friend of Rafa’s. Cute. Travels with him as hitting partner sometimes.

• natch says:

Thank you. Hey, I’m not-so-good at tennis!
            *applies to being Rafa’s *hitting* partner*

9. An says:

Oh the Labamba clip!! I like that one… And Rafa i m o is totally hot whatever he does, so the dance moves work for me too!

I’ve bin told that there was a time, here in the Netherlands, when that song was played in a club people stood around in circle and some others where dancing around in that circle. The ones inside the circle could choose a person to kiss with out of the circle.

*Having visions of doing that dance with Rafa there* *faints*

10. AnaR says:

Hey girls, this song is not La Bamba .. is from an Argentine singer called Coti, who lives in Spain and his theme is .. Nada fue un error. He became very famous in Spain with this song in 2005 .. does not have anything to do with the Bamba … La Bamba is very old.

11. AnaR says:

Hey again, I’m talking about the latest video ..

12. AnaR says:

The videos are very funny but I prefer to see Rafael play .. ha, ha, ha ..

13. Wooffie says:

Oh Rafa and Tomeu are cuteness personified, and how wonderful to the sweet, playful 20 year old Rafa of 2007.

I hope to see that carefree young guy back soon …