Everything possible

Photo by EFE

Photo by EFE

An article at Marca.com talking about Rafa not playing in the Spain/Germany tie in Marbella. (Google translation)

“Nadal has done everything in their power to play the round and we spent time talking to him until the last minute. He has made every effort and asked us to wait until the last minute to see if it recovers but ultimately was not the case, although I know that was totally committed to the Davis Cup, “espeto.

However, Escañuela recalls the quality of the other players from the ‘Armada’, comprising Fernando Verdasco, David Ferrer, Tommy Robredo and Feliciano Lopez, headed Albert Costa and Francisco Roig, with which the Spanish Federation also signed The next week the contract with a duration of two years, which would end a similar period in the absence of such a link between the two sides.

So Roig is coaching as well?

Rafa felt like he was almost ready to play DC? In the post last week Rafa’s doctor Ángel Ruiz Cotorro said it will be another 2-3wks before returng to competition. Anyone heard any ‘Official’ updates from Rafa’s camp on how the treatments are going? When is a realistic timeline for return to play?
    My Dad asked me last night, so he’s worried abt Rafa as well now.

(Sorry Miri but can I just release some frustration abt Wimby. Karlovic wasted space, like Soderling. Why do they wilt when they get to Fed? Verdasco would have put up a fight. Rafa always puts up a fight against Fed and I miss him so. Fed’s match last night was a waste of time & shouldn’t have been put on centre court.).

And I believe the Armada will win, so Rafa doesn’t hve to feel guilty abt now playing.

Isn’t Roig coaching Rafa’s friend Tomeu?

• Ch F says:

I read today that his doctor said he’ll be back “as good as new” and that in 3-4 weeks he’ll be ready for Rogers Cup. I really hope it’s true!!!

2. faecoleman says:

Oh thanx for that Ch F.. finally something more positive. Can’t wait to see Rafa on court again! Sad for him about Davis cup but they are a great team Rafa knows that and shan’t worry after last years final victory.

• Ch F says:

Yes it was great news indeed!!! Let’s hope for the best!! It’s true Wimbledon is not as fun as it would have been if Rafa had played, but at least the commentators there mention him quite often I think and don’t seem to have forgotten about him just because he missed a grand slam.

• dutchgirl says:

I know, it please me that he gets mentioned in almost every match. And great to get some positive news, because it’s been awfully quiet. I think I can hold for another 3-4 weeks, thinking about how happy I’ll be when he’s back on court. I won’t be able to follow the news by then, ‘unfortunately’ – I’ll be away from computers and t.v. in France by that time.

3. Delta says:

Did any of you see when a fan @ wimbly yelled out “WE MISS YOU RAFA” yesterday when Federer was playing his match? That was the best, and sooooooo true. Who would ever thought that after AO Victory that he would lose @ Roland Garros, due to tendonitis of which he did not use as an excuse, and myself being a R.N. is a very limiting condition and does need rest to heal. Then w/d from Wimbly! Not in my wildest dreams. Have HOPE Rafanatics he should be back when hard court starts in August and then be ready to take the the SLAM at US OPEN! The young man has the AURA OF ELVIS!!! Absolute DOLL!!! I would of loved to have him on my flight when I was a Flight Attendant b4 I become a Nurse.

4. miri says:

Looks like Ferrer is out of this tie too. He’s being replaced with Ferrero.